The First Trump Impeachment Thread

10 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Good god Pence 2020 makes me sick to my stomach.  

Pence would get crushed in 2020. 

1 minute ago, sho said:

I see the House Intelligence Committee is subpoenaing Giuliani.  Is he forced to talk or provide papers?   Would that fall under attorney/client privilege?   Any lawyers that can break down what Giuliani is obligated to provide to this committee?

Since he isn't officially serving as Trump's lawyer in this capacity, privilege doesn't apply. 

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Hmmmm this is an interesting wrinkle hitting the news at the same exact time Rudy Colutty got his official subpeona.

AND THEN THIS:

This is what you call "acquiring leverage" on Trump. If enough witnesses are implicated he can't shut them all up.

The Inspector General of the Intelligence Community issues a statement basically skewering all of the nonsense proffered by Trump's stooges over the weekend.

It would appear there is a LOT more to this whistleblower complaint than Trump is letting on (surprise, surprise) and that the whistleblower appears to have done their homework very, very well.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Call me crazy - but I say we negotiate nothing.  He should go down.  If he chooses to resign, great - we'll lock him up on the criminal offenses when he gets on that fricking golden escalator in NYC.  If he chooses to stay, great, we'll take him out in handcuffs and straight to jail.  The good guys have the goods, there's no reason we should give him any gifts.

• Plus1 4