The First Trump Impeachment Thread

18 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

no redefining necessary. Trump did his job on behalf of the United States and Biden bribed Ukraine for personal gain. Pretty simple

Yes it is.

There's one asterisk though, as POTUS Trump makes foreign policy where as VP Biden follows his boss.  But we'll give them a pass because Obama was at best a CEO coach.

12 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Yep  - I would expect trouble.   

If Trump survives impeachment, which he will because of the GOP senators, he will be all the more embolden in 2020.  He will drive more division in this country.  If he then loses the election all h@ll will break out.

I heard an interview with Carl Bernstein this week and he has coined our current political environment as “America’s Cold Civil War”.  

As we talked about in another thread, the division started before Trump, but he is the ignorant rube they got into the office and will be the instigator of whatever action actually comes of the end of his reign.

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes it is.

There's one asterisk though, as POTUS Trump makes foreign policy where as VP Biden follows his boss.  But we'll give them a pass because Obama was at best a CEO coach.

You are completely wrong but I've told you that and you don't like to listen to the actual facts of the situation. No matter how many times you spew this terrible defense it will still be wrong. Biden will still have done something the US and all of their allies wanted done officially and Trump will still have endangered our national security by abusing his power to secure a political favor. Trump doesn't get to set whatever policy he wants, he is not a king. He can not use his power for setting foriegn policy to benefit himself.

• Plus1 1

Before the 2016 election, Giuliani was coordinating with FBI agents in the NY field office re-opening the Hillary Clinton investigation. Two days before Comey (improperly) announced that the FBI was reopening its investigation into Clinton’s emails (and swayed the election), Giuliani went on Fox News and said, “I do think that all of these revelations about Hillary Clinton are beginning to have an impact. He’s got a surprise or two that you’re going to hear about in the next two days.” 

I suspect we're seeing these dirty deeds again. Giuliani is meeting with Shokin and other corrupt officials to "gin-up" evidence, if you want to call it that, for an DOJ (Bill Barr) announcement to slander Biden. 

6 minutes ago, QMany said:

I suspect we're seeing these dirty deeds again. Giuliani is meeting with Shokin and other corrupt officials to "gin-up" evidence, if you want to call it that, for an DOJ (Bill Barr) announcement to slander Biden. 

My only question is why didn't they go that route in the first place? They would have steered clear of the impeachment

• Plus1 1

In addition to Newt's hypocrisy above, GOP expert Turley's was also on full display:

As you know, Turley was the GOP expert in the Clinton impeachment.

The Republican controlled House of Representatives voted 258-176 to commence impeachment proceedings against Clinton on October 8, 1998. Although proceedings were delayed due to the bombing of Iraq, Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998. That was only 72 days.

The impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump was initiated by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on September 24, 2019. As of today, that is 73 days and counting...

Commentary: I would argue that it is imperative to impeach Trump expeditiously. Bill Clinton's impeachment was about a past BJ, lying, and obstruction. Donald Trump solicited and continues to solicit foreign interference into our upcoming election, lying, and obstruction.

• Thanks 2