Miles at NU

Ed is 149th in the country in rebounding. There are 148 players who are better rebounders than Ed. Lol

He is a 6'7 soph who only plays 23 min/game on a bad foot. He is 8th in the B10 in rebounds per game....that isn't good??

He plays just as many minutes as Jacobsen. Who averages 1 rebound less per game... c'mon man.

Also, another stat not based on assists. No one on the team turns it over more than Ed except for Tai. I'd expect Tai and Glynn, both acting as PG's to be there. But nope, he even turns it over more than Glynn does. This is where I say his "energy" on the boards (ripping balls out of his teammates hands) is probably good for the 2 TO's he averages a game.

Jacobson shoots 39% as a big man who also isn't shooting 3's to bring down his % - that is horrific for a big man.

Except he does shoot 3s...? And he does them very poorly?

lol we have multiple threads wanting to crucify Miles for a lack of assists (led by Mav himself)

*posts about the worst assisting player Nebraska has put on the floor while Miles has been here*

"well you know that's not fair, that's not the whole picture"

figure out what you want to bitch about and let me know, always happy to run numbers

Ed is 149th in the country in rebounding. There are 148 players who are better rebounders than Ed. Lol

He is a 6'7 soph who only plays 23 min/game on a bad foot. He is 8th in the B10 in rebounds per game....that isn't good??

He plays just as many minutes as Jacobsen. Who averages 1 rebound less per game... c'mon man.

Also, another stat not based on assists. No one on the team turns it over more than Ed except for Tai. I'd expect Tai and Glynn, both acting as PG's to be there. But nope, he even turns it over more than Glynn does. This is where I say his "energy" on the boards (ripping balls out of his teammates hands) is probably good for the 2 TO's he averages a game.

Jacobson shoots 39% as a big man who also isn't shooting 3's to bring down his % - that is horrific for a big man.

Also, you're wrong again. http://hoop-math.com/Nebraska2017.php

Jacobsen shoots more jumpers than Tai and Glynn, and makes them at a higher rate. Should he get to the rim more? Maybe. But his % is indicative of a jump shooter, not a big man.

Ed Morrow isn't asked to distribute the ball. He's asked to rebound, protect the rim, and score in the paint.

He does exactly 1 of those things well, and it's back to "ripping the ball out of his teammates' hands".

He's currently #8 in the B1G in rebounding, t-14 in FG%, t-12 in blocks per game and leading the conference in offensive rebounds per game. That's not a perfect player but that's bringing quite a bit to the table.

I mean ... it's pretty obvious that you're not looking at this objectively. He's among the conference leaders in all three of those things. I think that's doing them pretty weel.

If I'm picking and choosing stats, so are you. Offensive rebounds? Forgot those were the only type... And I didn't know top 10 was a leader. There are ~20 players in the B1G who start at the 4-5 that you could fairly compare to Ed. And he's average in that category.

If you weren't so wrapped up in your own argument you would see that I included all rebounding as well.

You are only able to provide one stat. I provided several. And those were just the ones that he was amongst the B1G leaders.

And by almost any realistic measure, Top 10 is a leader. Which "category" are you saying he's average in. He's leading the B1G in offensive rebounding so obviously he's the best at that.

• Fire 1

lol we have multiple threads wanting to crucify Miles for a lack of assists (led by Mav himself)

*posts about the worst assisting player Nebraska has put on the floor while Miles has been here*

figure out what you want to bitch about and let me know, always happy to run numbers

Feel free to bring some of your own numbers. So far the one you've brought is the one least applicable to the player you're talking about because of the position he plays.

You keep ignoring the numbers I post so I think you're only happy with the numbers you want to look at.

• Fire 1

Mav (and the rest of you), I understand what you're saying. Your argument should be correct, and it sounds right, but it's just blatantly false. And it's nothing that ESPN.com box scores can't show you.

Tim Miles' offense, players at PF:

Roby averages an assist every 20 minutes

Jacobsen averages an assist every 22 minutes

David Rivers averaged an assist every 35 minutes

Leslee Smith averaged an assist every 44 minutes

Jordy ( ehhh I threw him on here) averages an assist every 46 minutes

Jake Hammond averaged an assist every 52 minutes

Ed Morrow, averages an assist every 86 minutes

Why does every other player in this offensive scheme seem to not have had this problem? Same position. Jake Hammond was nearly incompetent. Jordy, the CENTER, whose job is "get rebounds and score when open down low" is twice as good as Ed is at getting his teammates a chance at scoring?

It's a team game, that's all I'm saying.

And please don't compare basketball to football, and then please don't compare the GOAT QB to a pretty average player.

Well, if that's the hill you want to die on...

• Fire 3

Feel free to bring some of your own numbers. So far the one you've brought is the one least applicable to the player you're talking about because of the position he plays.

You keep ignoring the numbers I post so I think you're only happy with the numbers you want to look at.

Woodshed

W/L with Ed Morrow in B10 5/6

W/L without Ed in B10 1/6.

Total B10 wins....6. He was vital.

Excited for 2018.

Yea I remember this stat, he was key for some of our games. Those missed ft against Wiscy are something he needs to improve on and not bash him for just because we can.

Before the injury he was playing at an exceptionally high level I felt like. After the injury it seems like he regressed a little bit but that is to be expected, he was a huge key to this team and those stats you show back it up.

This game is a team sport and our offense is dribble the ball and try to run an offense. If we tried to move the defense and create open shots by moving the ball it would look much better. Another head scratcher is why we do not try to run up tempo when we have lots of good players that can get to the hole and finish. Tai and Glynn in particular are good at getting to the hoop in transition, yet we do not try to get up the floor. Part of that is on the defense giving up shots allowing the other team to get back and defend but we should still be looking to get out and score in transition any time we can.

Per ESPN's Hollinger Player Effiency Rating sytem, Nebraska' highest-rater player is ....

.... wait for it ......

Ed Morrow.

BOOM....roasted!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks for making my day.

I'll let either you or Mav do the research for me. Can you tell me where the NCAA Player of the Year is ranked on that list? I believe he's tied with the NCAA Scoring Champion too, shouldn't be hard to find them.

Mav (and the rest of you), I understand what you're saying. Your argument should be correct, and it sounds right, but it's just blatantly false. And it's nothing that ESPN.com box scores can't show you.

Tim Miles' offense, players at PF:

Roby averages an assist every 20 minutes

Jacobsen averages an assist every 22 minutes

David Rivers averaged an assist every 35 minutes

Leslee Smith averaged an assist every 44 minutes

Jordy ( ehhh I threw him on here) averages an assist every 46 minutes

Jake Hammond averaged an assist every 52 minutes

Ed Morrow, averages an assist every 86 minutes

Why does every other player in this offensive scheme seem to not have had this problem? Same position. Jake Hammond was nearly incompetent. Jordy, the CENTER, whose job is "get rebounds and score when open down low" is twice as good as Ed is at getting his teammates a chance at scoring?

It's a team game, that's all I'm saying.

And please don't compare basketball to football, and then please don't compare the GOAT QB to a pretty average player.

What do expect from a team the runs a 4 man weave from the 3 point line. 9 free throws attempted in the last 3 games in the first half. Tells me two things. Jump shoots and no team game.