Miles at NU

Team player is more than dishing the rock to teammates. Team player is being asked to play out of position for the most part the last two years. Being largely undersized on defense yet neutralizing opponents bigs by strength and will. Battling multiple guys taller for offensive boards for second chance opportunities. And team player is keeping his mouth shut and just going out every night healthy or not to do it again. That is Ed Marrow, and he is the least of the worries surrounding this program

• Fire 5

Team player is more than dishing the rock to teammates. Team player is being asked to play out of position for the most part the last two years. Being largely undersized on defense yet neutralizing opponents bigs by strength and will. Battling multiple guys taller for offensive boards for second chance opportunities. And team player is keeping his mouth shut and just going out every night healthy or not to do it again. That is Ed Marrow, and he is the least of the worries surrounding this program

What a valuable insight from the couch, thank you

The only beef to be had with Morrow is the lack of kickouts from the post when he's double teamed. Not like anyone is going to make the shot from outside, though. Dude averages 10 and 8 while playing hurt, out of position, and undersized. Was easily playing his best before he got hurt and hasn't quite been the same since he came back, yet he is still producing.

Per ESPN's Hollinger Player Effiency Rating sytem, Nebraska' highest-rater player is ....

.... wait for it ......

Ed Morrow.

it was so obvious that he was our most critical piece even at the beginning of the season. This is from the recap of the Clemson game I posted- only game I got to see in person this year:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/81667-anyone-going-to-clemson-tomorrow/

"Ed Morrow is simply on another level than every other big man we have. This may seem obvious but the dude just flat out hustles all the time, even when he's away from the ball. He made a couple of really really nice plays around the basket. If our bigs (and team for that matter) all played with the aggression and assertiveness that he plays with we would win 2-3 more games from sheer intensity alone. Morrow regularly gives up at least 3 inches in the post, yet his work ethic and hustle allow for him to be a dominate presence in the paint. Probably the most enjoyable player on our team to watch."

• Fire 1

Also a reminder to all Nebraska basketball fans....We have ZERO NCAA Tourney wins. Ever. Some are acting like Miles is bringing down the prestige of a historic program

I don't think anyone is saying he is "bringing down the prestige of a great program". But he has had 1 winning season in 5 years.

• Fire 2

Also a reminder to all Nebraska basketball fans....We have ZERO NCAA Tourney wins. Ever. Some are acting like Miles is bringing down the prestige of a historic program

I don't think anyone is saying he is "bringing down the prestige of a great program". But he has had 1 winning season in 5 years.

And if Northwestern wins a tournament game this year, Nebraska is the only BCS/Power 5 team without a tourney win in its history.

That's kinda bad.

Fair enough. If we go by that then people must think Doc was a better coach with winning seasons but no NCAA tourney appearances. I think he found out quickly how much better the B10 was as well. B12 has had the same regular season champ for 13 straight years. I give them props, but that also shows how average the B12 is

That's the thing, historically we aren't a very good program, and Miles has managed to have the worst winning percentage out of all of our last 6 coaches since 1963. On top of that he managed to have our 2 worst home losses in our program history. So he managed to bring a bad program down even further.
  • Fire 2

That's the thing, historically we aren't a very good program, and Miles has managed to have the worst winning percentage out of all of our last 6 coaches since 1963. On top of that he managed to have our 2 worst home losses in our program history. So he managed to bring a bad program down even further.

But he's funny on Twitter!

I'm not sure the winning percentage argument is a fair one. I know we are not where we want to be, but Miles has scheduled differently than previous coaches. For comparison, here are Sadler and Miles average SOS and records.

Doc Sadler:

Avg SOS-62

Avg Record: 16.8-14.8

Tim Miles:

Avg SOS-35 (Last year's SOS was 100. Take that out and average is 19 over the other 4 years)

Avg Record: 15-17

If Miles scheduled like Sadler, I would imagine he would be at least a .500 coach. Does .500 cut it? With an NCAA appearance or 2, maybe. Just don't like that winning percantage arguement without context.