Jacobsen next on transfer list?

Him meeting with Jacobson would be a recruiting violation. MJ hasn't been released from his scholarship or been granted his transfer.

Just because the media hasn't announced it publicly doesn't mean it hasn't happened. :dunno

True, good point.

Although, a tweet I saw said he was released of his scholly yesterday. Meaning, that would be a violation.

And this is what Jacobsen had to say about Andrew White III transferring last year. MJ seemed like a "Miles guy" when he said this.

So what changed?

He was around Miles for another year? :dunno

Take shots all you like Mavric, but Jacobsen, Morrow, Fuller and Horne were major parts of Miles 12-19 team. You took as many shots as Miles did this season, played as much defense, or lack thereof as he did... It's on the players for losing and it's on the players for leaving. The program will survive. Will they at their podunk schools they are leaving for?

“I support Michael in his decision to transfer,” Miles said. “Although I am disappointed, we’ve appreciated his hard work in our program over the last two seasons. Michael and I have had numerous discussions regarding his role and what position he would be playing for us in the future. After a lot of thought, Michael decided to find a new school. I understand and respect his decision.”

Huskers.com

So for those trying to say that Morrow was trying to play a position that didn't fit his skills, we now have another player who is transferring in large part because he and Miles aren't on the same page as to their position and role on the team.

If one player has an issue with where they should be playing, might be the player's fault.

If several players have an issue with their positions/roles, the problem is likely ......

Where in god's name would you play Morrow and Jacobsen? The 2? Point Guard? THEY AREN'T 3's either. They are 4/5's. PERIOD. End of Sentence.

If they want to be strictly 4's, I don't blame them. It's Mile's fault for not getting enough guys that can play the 5, I agree to that. But for them to assume, they could serve the team better as a 3, is asinine and just tells me how little they truly know about their own evaluation of their skills. Mind boggling.

The argument for keeping Miles a few weeks ago was "The players are talented, they just need more time to develop under Miles."

Now, that the players are transferring, the argument to boost Miles up is "These are the players that went 12-19 last season, let them leave."

That's an interesting 180 degree shift.

• Fire 4

The argument for keeping Miles a few weeks ago was "The players are talented, they just need more time to develop under Miles."

Now, that the players are transferring, the argument to boost Miles up is "These are the players that went 12-19 last season, let them leave."

It's a butt hurt argument, I will admit.

Jacobsen called out teammates for transferring last year, pretty sure I can call him out for being a part of a 12-19 roster and bailing.

His reason's aren't valid. Playing "out of position" isn't a valid complaint. It's an unrealistic assessment of his own ability. Check the forum, find the thread about "Jacobsen, stop shooting." He isn't a shooter. If that's what his expectation is (like Morrow's) then I'm not sad to see him go.

Also, what kind of reasoning is "Morrow's leaving, so I'm leaving?"

EDIT: Also, it's not my problem if I believe they can DEVELOP with more time under Miles and they don't believe so. Maybe they should look to Tai Webster? He flat out sucked as a frosh/soph. Look who he is now...

Jacobsen called out teammates for transferring last year, pretty sure I can call him out for being a part of a 12-19 roster and bailing.

His reason's aren't valid. Playing "out of position" isn't a valid complaint. It's an unrealistic assessment of his own ability. Check the forum, find the thread about "Jacobsen, stop shooting." He isn't a shooter. If that's what his expectation is (like Morrow's) then I'm not sad to see him go.

EDIT: Also, it's not my problem if I believe they can DEVELOP with more time under Miles and they don't believe so. Maybe they should look to Tai Webster? He flat out sucked as a frosh/soph. Look who he is now...

I agree that Webster developed during his time at NU, but how much of that was due to playing for the New Zealand national team and playing against tough, international competition. It's glaring that the only guy that is used to show how much guys develop under Miles, also was able to get a lot of experience playing international basketball.

• Fire 1

lol

"Jacobsen called out teammates for transferring last year, pretty sure I can call him out for being a part of a 12-19 roster and bailing."

Except you aren't actually on the team, making this argument invalid.

I agree that Webster developed during his time at NU, but how much of that was due to playing for the New Zealand national team and playing against tough, international competition. It's glaring that the only guy that is used to show how much guys develop under Miles, also was able to get a lot of experience playing international basketball.

Your question is the exact same as mine. How much of it was because he played against the best in the B1G?

lol

"Jacobsen called out teammates for transferring last year, pretty sure I can call him out for being a part of a 12-19 roster and bailing."

Except you aren't actually on the team, making this argument invalid.

He isn't a part of Nebraska anymore. Let it go man, let it go. He played all of us. Was all "N". Called guys out for leaving "N" Then left "N". He aint N brotha.

The question you guys need to look into the mirror and truly ask yourself.

"Did we suck because of Miles, or did we suck because of some these players that are transferring?"

Both. His recruiting has been average/below average and he is an average/below average coach that is getting exposed in the Big Ten...that happens.

• Fire 2