Fairytale Prisoner by Choice

TOTALLY speculative (at best) opinion of what it looks like.

Trump told Melania that she needs to walk two steps behind him (which pissed her off). Then, when he noticed the other wife was being walked lovingly hand in hand....he reached back for her and she basically said...FU.

But...I could be way off base.

Pretty funny though.

From what I'm reading, Trump & Melania have held hands as recently as this trip. So who knows what that was about. I hesitated even posting it because it's purely speculative (as is the story in the OP), but I thought it was interesting.

While Melania's cost to taxpayers and her relationship with The Donald are appropriate for us to examine (only as the latter affects Trump's ability to do the job), it's certainly not appropriate to speculate on the inner workings of their relationship, especially not disparagingly so. Michelle Obama was viciously attacked by the worst of the far right - that's not a mistake we need to make again.

• Fire 3

I can't say I've paid too close of attention to the left's view (or the average person's view) of Melania. Horrible, horrible things were said about Michelle. Incredibly racist things were said about Michelle.

I would hope people wouldn't take this an opportunity to lambast Melania (in regards to her personal relationships), but I know a lot of Democrats who are upset/pissed/irritated with the way Obama was treated the last eight years and they're certainly interested in exacting revenge, as futile as that may be.

• Fire 1

All I know is, Rush was really worked up over this today. It was hilarious. He kept apologizing for not covering the Manchester attack because he had the responsibility to cover "all the news". In the end, the "slap" was nothing. People are making it up! She never did it! My God these people will make up anything!!!! It was just a MODIFIED FIST BUMP!!!!!1111!!!

“Now his marriage is falling apart! Now his wife doesn’t respect him. Look what she did! She slapped his hand away. I mean, right there in Israel when the world’s cameras are on him, she just slapped his hand away!” That’s not what happened. (interruption) Is that what you think happened? She did not! It did not… That is not what happened. He was reaching back to make sure… (interruption) She’s in heels! Everybody’s moving past. He reached back to make sure she was there, and she gave what was the equivalent of a fist bump. He reaches back, “Are you there?”

She touches his hand to let him know she’s there; everything’s fine. She did not slap his hand away. It was a modified fist bump. My wife hates fist bumps. When I give her a fist bump, you know, she kind of slaps my hand away. She’s not slapping my hand away; she’s doing a fist bump without making a fist. That’s what that was! Do not doubt me. There is no way that that’s what happened. But the anti-Trump corps wants to make it look like, “Everybody hates Trump, including his wife, who knows what a pig he is and who knows what a reprobate he is.

Reading the transcript doesn't do it justice without his flustered and frustrated delivery :)

• Fire 1

Someone still listens to Rush?

Ha! When I get into the work trucks in the afternoon they are usually tuned into 1110KFAB in Omaha. I usually find myself laughing too hard at the callers before I get the nerve to change it...

edit: I do try to make a point not to purchase anything advertised on his show. Good thing I'm not in the market for gold, preserved food, or LifeLock.

• Fire 1

Back in the day I was a ride-along delivery guy for a local Nebraska furniture joint. Tuesdays & Thursdays I rode with this dude who listened to Rush every. single. day. Back in the 1990s, when Rush wasn't so F'ing crazy, I still couldn't stand this guy.

Rush used to be all in against Bill Clinton. I F'ing hate Bill Clinton. Clinton is a smarmy toolbag with an extra helping of douchenozzle on the side. Even with that ingrained hatred of Bill, I couldn't stand listening to Rush bag on the guy all day, every day. I kept thinking to myself (a thought that I carried into the Bush Administration) "This guy (Clinton) can't be all bad, all the time. That's just not humanly possible."

That was my first foray into a bigger world. Before being forced to listen to Rush every day, I was comfy and cozy being a good red Nebraskan, conservative to the core, Reagan Republican 'til the day I die.

So when you're tired of my liberal s**t and you've had enough of my Leftist ways, you can thank Rush Limbaugh for that. :D

• Fire 4

Good thing I'm not in the market for gold, preserved food, or LifeLock.

HA! That makes so much sense. Targeting the elderly and the paranoid survivalist crowd.

I like to just affectionately call him Uncle Rush whenever I flip past him and chuckle at his raging against all things liberal. That transcript is nuts.

From what I'm reading, Trump & Melania have held hands as recently as this trip. So who knows what that was about. I hesitated even posting it because it's purely speculative (as is the story in the OP), but I thought it was interesting.

While Melania's cost to taxpayers and her relationship with The Donald are appropriate for us to examine (only as the latter affects Trump's ability to do the job), it's certainly not appropriate to speculate on the inner workings of their relationship, especially not disparagingly so. Michelle Obama was viciously attacked by the worst of the far right - that's not a mistake we need to make again.

So why post it at all? I saw the gif long before it showed up on here. I thought it was funny, but decided against posting it because it's just images without context. The only reason to post it seems to be to speculate about their relationship, which you said we shouldn't do...
  • Fire 1

So why post it at all? I saw the gif long before it showed up on here. I thought it was funny, but decided against posting it because it's just images without context. The only reason to post it seems to be to speculate about their relationship, which you said we shouldn't do...