Patriots find a trick-shot kicker in Nebraska, of course

From 80 yards? If so, you sign him immediately. That is a literal game changer as you'd only need a few seconds left to win the game from your own 30 or so. That is quite possible with nothing more than a short KO return following the opponent's score 'to win' the game. You might not need ANY offensive plays to have a scoring drive.

Part of the problem is that, to make a field goal from that far out, you can't arc it up too high. A number of kicks have been blocked over the middle by linemen and LBs jumping up and swatting it down. At 80 yards, it might not have a whole lot of height on it to get it up over the line AND go that distance.

That said, if he can pull it off, that's another weapon for the pats.

• Fire 1

Part of the problem is that, to make a field goal from that far out, you can't arc it up too high. A number of kicks have been blocked over the middle by linemen and LBs jumping up and swatting it down. At 80 yards, it might not have a whole lot of height on it to get it up over the line AND go that distance.

That said, if he can pull it off, that's another weapon for the pats.

I agree.

But until I see him nail an 80 yard field goal in an actual game, I will remain skeptical.

Like you said, to have a shot at that distance, in an actual game, the trajectory would need to be high enough to not get blocked, but low enough to not reach the apex of the kick too soon.

And does this kid kick footballs filled with helium? LOL

This is no different than street ballers vs NBA guys. Yes they are talented but when the lights are shining and there are opponents in your face the game changes drastically

The played soccer in Europe...had multiple walk on offers including NU. He is a calm cool and collected demeanor. Can he hit an 80 yarder in a game? I doubt it. Can he hit from 60? Without a doubt.

This is no different than street ballers vs NBA guys. Yes they are talented but when the lights are shining and there are opponents in your face the game changes drastically

The played soccer in Europe...had multiple walk on offers including NU. He is a calm cool and collected demeanor. Can he hit an 80 yarder in a game? I doubt it. Can he hit from 60? Without a doubt.

Why didn't he come play at Nebraska? Because of the Europe soccer opportunity? I think it would be super cool if this guy actually got picked up and even played.

Same with pool trick shooters, it's a lot different when the balls are set up perfectly for your trick than it is in an actual head-to-head game.

When I was in school we had a guy that was an all conference soccer player and joined the football team to be the kicker. We were stoked to finally have a good kicker. Could hit from all over the field using a tee. Get in field goal formation with people lined up accross from him and he couldn't hit sh#t. Soccer and football are very different that's why there aren't just a bunch of soccer players kicking for teams in theor spare time

When I was in school we had a guy that was an all conference soccer player and joined the football team to be the kicker. We were stoked to finally have a good kicker. Could hit from all over the field using a tee. Get in field goal formation with people lined up accross from him and he couldn't hit sh#t. Soccer and football are very different that's why there aren't just a bunch of soccer players kicking for teams in theor spare time

High school kicker in Nebraska that played soccer. I think he held the state record for a few years.

He was an all state kicker in Nebraska, played varsity his Fr,Soph and Sr year. Jr year he didn't play football because of USA soccer....this kid has kicked with people across from him and made 50+ yd field goals. The kid can kick a football

He was an all state kicker in Nebraska, played varsity his Fr,Soph and Sr year. Jr year he didn't play football because of USA soccer....this kid has kicked with people across from him and made 50+ yd field goals. The kid can kick a football

Does he have NCAA eligbility?

THE University of Nebraska would love him.

Ok if he's done it before. Didn't really know his background.. I'll stand by my soccer to football statement tho. I was speaking of college not HS. Although in HS we had a German exchange student who thought he could kick a football because he was a soccer player and he was wrong as well. Good luck to this kid.