CAN SOMEONE SAY SPECIAL PROSECUTER ??? This smells badly. My senior Senator here is Okla is backing the firing. He is getting too old to think straight I think. As a member of the Repub party still myself, the Repub party will hurt themselves badly if they walk lockstep with Trump on this. We'll see if any of them have a backbone. I decided to listen to some political talk just to see how Hannity and Rush are handling it. Both point back to Comey's decision not to prosecute Hillary in July. Hannity esp has built his show around supporting Trump since Trump won the nomination. -- so no surprise by either. If this was Obama - they would be crying for an impeachment hearing. At this point - I can only use one famous phrase regarding Comey's July decision - "What difference does it make?"

What makes a difference is what was going on currently. Was the FBI as messed up as the admin want you to think - I don't think so - I believed Trump praised Comey not too long ago.

This will be Trump's Little Big Horn in time.

• Fire 2

Personally, I'm just fine without that extra 180,000 tons of methane in the air. It baffles me why Republicans are so anti-environment, to the point where they are still, as a party, climate change deniers.

Methane is a bad greenhouse gas. This is a good thing.

• Fire 3

Personally, I'm just fine without that extra 180,000 tons of methane in the air. It baffles me why Republicans are so anti-environment, to the point where they are still, as a party, climate change deniers.

i wonder how much methane taco bell helps generate?

• Fire 1

I agree.

I have a feeling that McCain had no problem voting against the bill. But, the Comey firing may have sealed the "no" vote.

Mitch McConnell rejects calls for special prosecutor:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/mcconnell-rejects-call-for-special-prosecutor-238206

Though senators did ask for a fuller accounting of why Comey was fired, Republicans by and large defended Trump against a Democratic firestorm of criticism.

"Today we'll no doubt hear calls for a new investigation, which could only serve to impede the current work being done," McConnell said on the Senate floor, referring to the Senate Intelligence Committee's probe of Russia's election meddling.

You know what else impedes the current work being done? Firing Comey just as he was asking for more resources.

I hate seeing government work stopping. But I like the level of concern.

Democrats Grind Senate’s Work To A Halt Over Comey Firing

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR) said the aim of the tactic was to force lawmakers from both parties to come together for an emergency meeting on the future of the FBI’s probe into whether Trump campaign officials colluded with Russian officials.

“We need to fight for the integrity of our system of government,” he told TPM. “We need to come together in the very near future for an executive session of the Senate to have a heart-to-heart discussion on how to defend our democratic republic. We need to reach an agreement on a strategy to ensure a fully-funded, aggressive investigation of not just Russian activity but any coordination or collaboration by any members of the Trump campaign. If there was such coordination that would be a treasonous crime.”

But such bipartisan talks have yet to materialize, and some Republicans were openly frustrated by the Democrats’ stalling tactics.

• Fire 3

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/10/russia-probe-senate-requests-documents-from-money-laundering-watchdog-agency.html

Maybe Comey was getting hot on this:

Russia probe: Senate requests Trump documents from agency that monitors money laundering
  • The Senate Intelligence Committee has requested information about President Donald Trump and his top aides from a financial intelligence unit in the Treasury Department.
  • The agency, known as FinCEN, imposed a $10 million civil penalty on Trump Taj Mahal in 2015 for multiple violations of money-laundering laws.

The Senate panel has requested information about President Donald Trump and his top aides from a financial intelligence unit in the Treasury Department that imposed a $10 million civil penalty on Trump Taj Mahal in 2015 for multiple violations of money-laundering laws.

The Senate Intelligence Committee wants to see any information relevant to its Russia investigation the Treasury agency has gathered, including evidence that might include possible money laundering, according to a committee aide who spoke on condition of anonymity. Also at issue: to what extent, if at all, people close to Vladimir Putin have invested in Trump's real estate empire.

The request, made in recent weeks, comes as part of the Senate's investigation into whether Trump associates colluded with Russian meddling in the U.S. election. The FBI is also investigating that issue, but that probe is now under a cloud after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey.

• Fire 3

Sooooo.......

Trump was fined $10,000,000 in as late as 2015 for money laundering??? And this didn't come out in the election??? I have a friend who was/is a HUGE Trumpster and she just couldn't believe I wouldn't vote for Trump because Hillary was such a criminal.....hmmmm.

So....big fine for Money Laundering and at the same time he claims he is under IRS audit and that's why he can't disclose his tax returns.

The plot thickens.

• Fire 2