A couple weeks ago, I sat back and thought about me getting way too emotionally involved in this entire administration and what they are doing.

But...first....I still find myself coming back to it like an extremely slow motion car wreck you just can't take your eyes off of.

However, I find it so important that there is a big uproar over this firing. It's extremely clear that this firing was personal and very possibly based on the investigation.

Trump (and the administration) need to be made very clear that these people don't work "for them". They work for the US citizens. Meaning, even though legally the President may be able to just willy nilly fire whomever he wants at the top of the government, unless there is a good reason, he is going to catch hell for it. This isn't like one of his companies where someone looks at him wrong and doesn't kiss his feet....YOUR FIRED. He is working for us too.

I believe that actually bothers him. Many times people whom have worked for themselves for a long time, have a problem actually working for someone else. Then, throw in Trump's ego and I don't think he can handle the fact he works for US instead of being king over everyone else.

• Fire 2

Yes. And there's also the question of why the Deputy Press Secretary would be talking to any FBI sources, let alone "countless." Especially if there's an active investigation of that DPS's administration.

Why is there no collaboration of their story also? Redundant Question - excuse me. Because it was a false story.

Oh and wouldn't that be ........ false news :dunno:o

• Fire 1

Has everyone seen McCabe's testimony when he was asked if people within the FBI had lost confidence in Comey? There was a definite pause before answering. It wasn't a pause by someone who didn't know how to answer it. It was a pause by someone who wants to make damn sure he gets his point across.

It’s not often that you hear members of the FBI threatening to go to war with the president. But that’s where we are after Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey.

“[Trump] essentially declared war on a lot of people at the FBI,” an anonymous FBI official told the Washington Post. “I think there will be a concerted effort to respond over time in kind.”

There’s every reason to believe that the FBI is as angry as this official says. Interim FBI Director Andrew McCabe on Thursday told Congress that “the vast majority of employees enjoyed a deep, positive connection to Director Comey.” Reports from inside the bureau suggest horror and rage after the firing; one agent told the Daily Beast that “everyone feels like there has been a death in the family.”

The FBI values its independence from the political branches above all else, an independence directly threatened by Trump firing Comey in retaliation for the Russia investigation. Historically, the bureau has been willing to fight — and fight dirty — to stay independent.

“The FBI is a tribal organization,” Ben Wittes, a senior fellow in governance studies at the Brookings Institution, tells me. “You screw with the FBI, you screw with the institution of the FBI, and ... a lot of people are gonna be angry.”

I don't see this ending well for Trump.

• Fire 1