Nebraska/Oregon to Be on Fox - Other Kickoff Times Announced

Word is primetime kick times won't be announced until 12 days before kickoff

NU not on any of the ESPN early announced prime time kickoffs.

Yeah, it was something like the first four weeks would be announced now but none of the rest until 12 days out.

Oregon was our only shot early.

Maybe the networks want to ensure they have quality games in those prime time matchups. I'm sure ESPN wasn't a fan of the 66-3 Ohio State whooping of Nebraska.

Well yeah that game sucked, but it was two top ten ranked teams (at the time).

Either way, I don't think it's a huge deal for ESPN & FOX to wait to announce the October and November prime time games.

It sucks for people like me who would travel in though. The difference between a night game and an early kickoff can change travel plans.

Ugh... the Iowa game is no longer national ABC.

Bleh.....

After the last two years, do you really want the Iowa game to be on national TV?

When we stop sucking I do. NU's played on ABC on BF for as long as I can remember. They could have at least put it on FOX.

Bleh.....

After the last two years, do you really want the Iowa game to be on national TV?

When we stop sucking I do. NU's played on ABC on BF for as long as I can remember. They could have at least put it on FOX

Isn't FS1 a national network? I understand it won't have as much exposure as before, but it's still on a national sports network. It's better than being stuck with the early time slot.

No kick time announced yet.

Fox also has USC Stanford the same day so I would expect that to be the prime time game.

You haven't experienced hell on Earth until a trip to Eugene

I cannot compare any fanbase in the BIG to Oregon

West Virginia comes to mind though if you look at universities outside of the conference

Maybe a better example for Nebraska is an even more loud and obnoxious Boulder

Bleh.....

When we stop sucking I do. NU's played on ABC on BF for as long as I can remember. They could have at least put it on FOX

Isn't FS1 a national network? I understand it won't have as much exposure as before, but it's still on a national sports network. It's better than being stuck with the early time slot.

It's national, if you have a cable package that includes it. It's not nearly the amount of exposure as ABC though. The games on the schedule that day are crap anyway, so I don't know why we got bounced to FS1.

XkRMdJW.png

Bleh.....

It's national, if you have a cable package that includes it. It's not nearly the amount of exposure as ABC though. The games on the schedule that day are crap anyway, so I don't know why we got bounced to FS1.

XkRMdJW.png

I think the Fox networks have first choice over ESPN in the new contract. I don't see this as a huge deal. If NU fans want to watch it they will find a way to watch it.

I am sure there will be arguments about "recruits not being able to turn on ABC and watch NU". High profile recruits have better things going on with their life.

Scheduling Oddity: 5 games in September - just short of half the schedule.

The bad news: unless Arky State is an afternoon kickoff, there won't be much for recruiting weekends in that stretch

The good news: The back half of the schedule makes up for that.

The bad news: unless Arky State is an afternoon kickoff, there won't be much for recruiting weekends in that stretch

Sam McKewon seems to think that NU is gonna push for a night game on BTN for Arky State, which makes sense.

Sam McKewon seems to think that NU is gonna push for a night game on BTN for Arky State, which makes sense.

Plus, Nebraska has had heat issues with day games over Labor Day weekend, which will be another reason to push for a night game.

• Fire 2

Bleh.....

Since it won't be a replay of the last two years and it will involve the 2017 roster for both teams - I would say yes I want it on National ABC.