Do husker fans today have lower expectations?

I do think, however, that those who wanted Bo gone are more will to accept the lower expectations then those who wanted Bo. So, yo can take issue with me on that.

This appears, at least on the surface, to enable the mentality that you're either all in on Mike Riley or you aren't, or that you were all in on Bo Pelini or you weren't. This black and white approach to Nebraska's recent results and head coaching situation is disappointing, disingenuous and misguided.

• Fire 3

Who really gives a sh*t about 9 wins?! It's about quality wins and quality losses too. Everyone is so caught up in the BS of 9 win syndrome for way too many years now. And especially since the regular season went to 12 games, 9 wins doesn't even come close to same meaning as it did in the 80's and 90's.

As far as 9 wins, do you feel the Huskers had a great season or even a good season last year? Unranked and got blown out in two of their most important games and lost their 3rd most important game in OT. Name one really quality win in 2016? Oregon? At the moment the media played the game up as a huge win, but the "experts" knew Oregon was a joke and the season proved it. Nebraska beat zero teams in the Top 25. The season was a mess. Arguably 2015 was better at 6-7.

Same thing happened in 2003 when Solich got fired. People still want to go back to this and bitch and moan about firing a coach that had 9 wins. But they had zero quality wins and were blown out in their 3 most important games, 41-24 to Mizzou, 31-7 to Texas and 38-9 to Kan St. In 2002, they lost to Penn St 40-7, Iowa St 36-14, Kan St 49-14, Colo 28-13 and a close loss to Texas and OK St and lost 5 of last 7 games. Solich teams were lazy like their coaching staff had become. They didn't bust their ass recruiting anymore, because they just thought, "Hey, we're Nebraska, the recruits will come here to play". That's why Solich got fired.

The same stuff has been happening ever since. Do we have lowered expectations? Hell yes we do, if we were born before 1980. Just think about the kids that will be Freshman this year at Nebraska. They are 18 years old. What do they know of Nebraska Football? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT MEDIOCRITY!!! No Conference Titles. A BS National Title appearance when they were one year old! They basically might remember the last year of Callahan, then start to get excited during Bo's tenure, but saw the roller coaster ride that he brought, and now Riley. They have seen nothing but mediocrity. So I suppose if you're one of them, these are their expectations.

Preseason 36th?!! If that is not lowered expectations for everyone involved then why do we spend the money we do on this program? YES, EXPECTATIONS HAVE TO BE DISAPPOINTING. And by hiring a lifetime .500 coach in Riley, that is what our expectations should be. MEDIOCRITY AT BEST.

Who really gives a sh*t about 9 wins?! It's about quality wins and quality losses too.

We beat Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State this season, along with our two other non-cons, and lose all the rest of our league games by 3 points or less, going 6-6/7.

Happy or unhappy? :lol:

Okay so

beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones = not happy

beat the good teams and lose to the bad ones = not happy

beat some of the good teams and some of the bad teams but then also lose to some of the good teams and some of the bad teams in the wrong kind of way = not happy

beat everyone = hell yeah that's the kind of stuff that makes us happy

something like that? :lol:

What would make me happy is National respectability again instead of the hint of it like last year and then get it blown up in our face on National TV and become a national joke once again. I want a College Game Day atmosphere and 1st team Prime Time sportscasters covering our games. I want us to compete for the best players and coaches. Spend some of that $51 Million and get a real coaching staff in here. Act like you're actually trying to win once again, instead of the farce that is our AD bringing in Riley and his .500 record. I want the coaches and players to have accountability to each other. To respect each other. To respect the fans and the legacy that was built before them so they are able to train and play in the finest of facilities.

I want to rest of the coaches at NU to have trust in the Athletic Department, of which they have been losing for years.

That would make me happy. The last 20 years has mostly made me unhappy.

What would make me happy is National respectability again instead of the hint of it like last year and then get it blown up in our face on National TV and become a national joke once again. I want a College Game Day atmosphere and 1st team Prime Time sportscasters covering our games. I want us to compete for the best players and coaches. Spend some of that $51 Million and get a real coaching staff in here. Act like you're actually trying to win once again, instead of the farce that is our AD bringing in Riley and his .500 record. I want the coaches and players to have accountability to each other. To respect each other. To respect the fans and the legacy that was built before them so they are able to train and play in the finest of facilities.

I want to rest of the coaches at NU to have trust in the Athletic Department, of which they have been losing for years.

That would make me happy. The last 20 years has mostly made me unhappy.

Hammer meet nail!

I do think, however, that those who wanted Bo gone are more will to accept the lower expectations then those who wanted Bo. So, yo can take issue with me on that.

This appears, at least on the surface, to enable the mentality that you're either all in on Mike Riley or you aren't, or that you were all in on Bo Pelini or you weren't. This black and white approach to Nebraska's recent results and head coaching situation is disappointing, disingenuous and misguided.

This, so much this.

• Fire 1