22 - 9 - 58%

6 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

This is only true when you can tell the defense that we are running a certain play and then do it.  Your team needs to be far superior to their opponent and this hasn't been the case since NU was playing the iowa states of the big8.

Don't take this the wrong way, but what are you arguing? I've tried reading through several of your recent posts in this topic and I'm not sure I understand your argument.

• Plus1 1

It keeps coming up that if you are doing something well just keep doing it.  Sometimes the reason you are doing it well is because you are mixing things up.  Osborne used to do things well against bad teams because the players were just superior and other times TO was successful because he made something look like something and then tweaked it to be different.

3 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

It keeps coming up that if you are doing something well just keep doing it.  Sometimes the reason you are doing it well is because you are mixing things up.  Osborne used to do things well against bad teams because the players were just superior and other times TO was successful because he made something look like something and then tweaked it to be different.

Oh for f#*k sake.  If you don't understand what it means to "keep doing whats working" with regards to football, you have no business discussing the sport.

• Plus1 2

Does anybody here disagree with the notion that sometimes a play or plays work because your team is good at it/them, and sometimes a certain play or plays work because of something else you're doing (i.e. play action?)

That's what I don't understand. It seems like we're trying to argue something nobody is disagreeing about, but perhaps I'm missing it.

21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Does anybody here disagree with the notion that sometimes a play or plays work because your team is good at it/them, and sometimes a certain play or plays work because of something else you're doing (i.e. play action?)

That's what I don't understand. It seems like we're trying to argue something nobody is disagreeing about, but perhaps I'm missing it.

What I don't understand is how the conversation devolved in to what it has when we were originally discussing if we would be happy with Tanner Lee having the season numbers posted in the OP

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Agreed with @Mavric - it would be situational as to whether or not they're somewhat equivalent to a running plays. Anybody who brandishes "our backs caught five passes out of the backfield and those were running plays" this season could end up wielding an over-simplified opinion.

(Also, I'm not saying anybody is actually saying that here and now.)

I'm glad we all agree.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:00 PM, HuskermanMike said:

I think if Lee plays all 12 games he gets around 3400 passing yards this season. I am predicting he throws 31 tds to 9 ints during the regular season. 

In regards to can the passing game open up the run game, I think it absolutely can. More hb draws will get us big play yards when they expect us to throw. It will not drastically improve our chances but rather the run game will get better. A healthy and deeper oline will also help with that.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:13 PM, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

I imagine Tanner's numbers will be somewhere along the lines of 29-10-66%

Im thinking something closer to these numbers. I'm assuming we throw more with a truer west-coast offense, and would think 2 TD/GM avg would be the floor. Around 1 pick/GM seems likely, and somewhere between 60-65% completion percentage. The short game should be much improved.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:50 AM, Cdog923 said:

This was on 1620 this morning. 

The completion % needs to be higher, but I would be alright with that TD to INT ratio, as long as we have at least 20 rushing TDs. 

Excluding field goals, and defensive/special teams touchdowns, that's only 24.5 points per game. That isn't going to win many ball games. 

I think Lee needs to get to 30 TD this year. That's 2.5 per game through the regular season. I could live with 9 INTs, but would be thrilled if that number was around 6.

29 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Excluding field goals, and defensive/special teams touchdowns, that's only 24.5 points per game. That isn't going to win many ball games. 

I think Lee needs to get to 30 TD this year. That's 2.5 per game through the regular season. I could live with 9 INTs, but would be thrilled if that number was around 6.

Last year, we had 18 passing TDs and 24 rushing TDs, so it would be, at the least, an improvement on that.