Nurse arrested for doing her job

16 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Not twisting your words at all, you said what you said and it's not accurate. You make it sound like we murder people and get away with it. Blame the courts if you don't like what the law states and contact your legislature to try and get it changed.

Regardless this situation is bad and when stupid stuff like this happens it makes the national news. Stopping by a kids lemonade stand and dropping a $20 in the jar and not wanting any change back isn't as exciting and won't appear on the national news. Obviously the latter happens a helluva lot more than folks know.

You are absolutely twisting my words. Over the years plenty of cops have gotten away with very egregious crimes and behavior. You're taking what I said as a blanket statement, and it was not intended that way, but to deny that cops don't get away with things is ignorant. 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Not twisting your words at all, you said what you said and it's not accurate. You make it sound like we murder people and get away with it. Blame the courts if you don't like what the law states and contact your legislature to try and get it changed.

Regardless this situation is bad and when stupid stuff like this happens it makes the national news. Stopping by a kids lemonade stand and dropping a $20 in the jar and not wanting any change back isn't as exciting and won't appear on the national news. Obviously the latter happens a helluva lot more than folks know.

Police motto is "To protect and Serve", right?  So why would them doing their job need to make the news?

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Police motto is "To protect and Serve", right?  So why would them doing their job need to make the news?

Guess I didn't know dropping a $20 at a lemonade stand was us doing our jobs rather than going above and beyond. Some folks in here are amazing that's for sure. Even when we're doing our jobs it's sure to make the news in a manner that reflects poorly on us so folks can knee jerk reaction the heck out of it.

1 hour ago, Fru said:

You are absolutely twisting my words. Over the years plenty of cops have gotten away with very egregious crimes and behavior. You're taking what I said as a blanket statement, and it was not intended that way, but to deny that cops don't get away with things is ignorant. 

Maybe you should've been more specific with your statement rather than turn it around on me when I called you out on it. Again, you're assuming nothing will happen to the officer or Lieutenant in this situation, but you really don't know for sure either. Only time will tell and my guess someone is going to get into trouble for this.

9 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Guess I didn't know dropping a $20 at a lemonade stand was us doing our jobs rather than going above and beyond. Some folks in here are amazing that's for sure. Even when we're doing our jobs it's sure to make the news in a manner that reflects poorly on us so folks can knee jerk reaction the heck out of it.

So a cop gives a lemonade stand $20.  How much news coverage does that deserve over a cop that is abusing their authority towards the people they are paid to protect and serve?

• Plus1 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

So a cop gives a lemonade stand $20.  How much news coverage does that deserve over a cop that is abusing their authority towards the people they are paid to protect and serve?

None at all, that stuff shouldn't be important at all, all the other bad stuff truly shows how disgusting our profession is as a whole. :sarcasm

4 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Maybe you should've been more specific with your statement rather than turn it around on me when I called you out on it. I don't get away with anything, I do my job so folks like yourself can judge me from an article or some few second video with zero perspective from our standpoint or training. That's always my point that some folks don't seem to get. Again, you're assuming nothing will happen to the officer or Lieutenant in this situation, but you really don't know  for sure either. Only time will tell.........

I said "Cops that murder people" and you called it garbage and took it as "cops that use deadly force in the course of their duties in a manner that is consistent with the law and has been proven time and time again through the courts." I didn't say "all cops" I didn't say "Cops that were justified.' So is it that I need to be more specific or are you reading into things that I didn't say? Perhaps a little of both. I acknowledge that there are times when it's necessary, however you seem unable to acknowledge that cops have gotten away with plenty of nefarious behaviors. 

• Plus1 1