***Official Oregon Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Just now, bnilhome said:

I guess we will disagree on how far off many of his throws were.  As I said earlier, there were a few missed catches that the receiver could have caught it, but there were more that were just way off base.  And I had high hopes for Lee with all I heard, and I was most disappointed in his decision making in the clutch.  I feel like he has good mechanics but just didn't perform well under pressure.

We can do that. I'll also say that it was just one game and a we have a relatively small sample size yet on Lee. Unfortunately time is not on his side. I'm not going to argue that results need to be showing up sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I didn't go back in the thread but it would be great to see the 'all 22' view on DPE's last punt return.  Based on his body language after the fair catch, I think he had an opportunity to make a play.

He had not had much room all day.  There was a guy getting close to him so he called for the fair catch at the last second.  Unfortunately he had to step up and to his right to make the catch and when he did he side-stepped the one guy who was close so he would have had room.

It was an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to him making the wrong decision.

35 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He had not had much room all day.  There was a guy getting close to him so he called for the fair catch at the last second.  Unfortunately he had to step up and to his right to make the catch and when he did he side-stepped the one guy who was close so he would have had room.

It was an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to him making the wrong decision.

Bah, that's a bummer.