***Official Oregon Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I learned this team is willing to fight, especially the defense. I'm sure Oregon lost some focus up 28 at half, but the defense impressed me in the second half. I hope they can build off of this. 

Diaco better be impressive these next three weeks or his tenure will be short. 

Lee makes some great plays, but rarely goes away from his first read. Right now the major defense between he and Armstrong are fewer YOLO bombs. 

Bryant is a great back. Hope he is ok. 

Morgan is a stud. Missed that first catch, but he is easy to root for. 

Knevel might be riding the pine the rest of the year. Forniok played well. 

Riley's clock management is poor. 

Finally, losses arent as hard on me as they used to be. Signs that we have been average for a really long time. But improvement can be made with this squad. 7-5 is likely though. GBR

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, bnilhome said:

No...Lee was at fault 80% of the time when we did not have a pass completion.  There were a few balls on target the receivers did not reel in, but those were the exception today.

I can think of quite a few drops. 80% is simply incorrect. He had way too many misses, but not that many.

Not all 4 INT's are on him either.

3 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I can think of quite a few drops. 80% is simply incorrect. He had way too many misses, but not that many.

Not all 4 INT's are on him either.

Two of the four were on him for sure, and the one where Morgan bobbled the ball was too risky of a throw to begin with.  Lee continued to try to throw in double coverage and tight windows.  I think Lee had 20 missed throws, 4 of those were INTs, of which 2 or 3 were on him.  I only recall a couple of drops, and many more passes that were ahead of the receiver, behind the receiver, too high, etc..  I don't recall too many times where he was being pressured and had to throw the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack.  

4 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

Two of the four were on him for sure, and the one where Morgan bobbled the ball was too risky of a throw to begin with.  Lee continued to try to throw in double coverage and tight windows.  I think Lee had 20 missed throws, 4 of those were INTs, of which 2 or 3 were on him.  I only recall a couple of drops, and many more passes that were ahead of the receiver, behind the receiver, too high, etc..  I don't recall too many times where he was being pressured and had to throw the ball out of bounds to avoid a sack.  

Is it too high if it hit the receiver or tight end's hands? Many throws were a bit off but I bet you Kwill says catch the ball anyway.

Yes I realize there were some that were simply just not catchable.

Just now, spurs1990 said:

Is it too high if it hit the receiver or tight end's hands? Many throws were a bit off but I bet you Kwill says catch the ball anyway.

I guess we will disagree on how far off many of his throws were.  As I said earlier, there were a few missed catches that the receiver could have caught it, but there were more that were just way off base.  And I had high hopes for Lee with all I heard, and I was most disappointed in his decision making in the clutch.  I feel like he has good mechanics but just didn't perform well under pressure.