Last 10 games

Just now, RedDenver said:

So you'd rather have Solich than Osborne. That's what you're saying about Riley. You can make that claim, but it's ridiculous.

Yeah, because TO was ready to retire and wanted to move on with other things.  I want that for everyone that has the chance to do that in their life.  Be super successful and realize that you would like to try something else and embrace a new challenge.  

1 minute ago, bnilhome said:

Would you expect a coach to get better or worse toward the end of his 2nd year and into his third year of a program?

I'm on board with what you're saying, but teach is cherry picking data to support his "always .500 coach" narrative. I'm showing that I can cherry-pick the data to get a totally different outcome.

I'm on board with what you're saying, but teach is cherry picking data to support his "always .500 coach" narrative. I'm showing that I can cherry-pick the data to get a totally different outcome.

I am not cheery picking, I didn't bring up his last 10, it was brought up in this thread.

Please, use his entire career.  PLEASE

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, because TO was ready to retire and wanted to move on with other things.  I want that for everyone that has the chance to do that in their life.  Be super successful and realize that you would like to try something else and embrace a new challenge.  

But for Riley you hope he moves on regardless of how he performs. I'm pointing out that isn't really what you should want if you want the Huskers to succeed.

But for Riley you hope he moves on regardless of how he performs. I'm pointing out that isn't really what you should want if you want the Huskers to succeed.

If he wins it all and retires I would be a happy fan and thrilled for him for accomplishing something that amazing.

If he stinks it up and retires I will be a happy fan because the coaching search stuff is fun to follow and then you have the excitement of a new coach.

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

15 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

come on now don't let facts and trends get in the way of stochastic hope- 11-1 baby Mike's our man

Right now I hope Mediocre Mike does one of two things...

1.  Goes 11-1, makes the playoff, wins the NC and retires.

2.  Finishes the season with some lame record and retires.

Is cherry picking the same as not including the intent of an over-all statement

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I realize we have a new offensive scheme and a new DC, but I was frankly expecting more to start the 2017 season.  But then I wondered why I should be expecting more, as the 2016 season ended horribly.  With that said, when you look at our last 10 games, Nebraska is 5-5, with our best win being a 28-7 victory over Maryland.  To me beating mediocre programs like Maryland should be a base expectation, and not the biggest win in the last 10 games, and then I realize that is what this program has become and the bar has not been raised over the past few seasons.  I am still hopeful that better talent can turn things around, but I question whether we have the coaches to win on the game field.

What's so said, is like you said...NU has become that base expectation of most teams now.  That's friggin pitiful.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If he wins it all and retires I would be a happy fan and thrilled for him for accomplishing something that amazing.

If he stinks it up and retires I will be a happy fan because the coaching search stuff is fun to follow and then you have the excitement of a new coach.

Would you be happier for one of your two scenarios or if Riley wins it all and continues as the HC?