Last 10 games

Just now, teachercd said:

Right now I hope Mediocre Mike does one of two things...

1.  Goes 11-1, makes the playoff, wins the NC and retires.

2.  Finishes the season with some lame record and retires.

You really would want a coach that wins the NC to immediately retire? No, you wouldn't. Your schtick is getting old.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Again...it is not my narrative.  There is nothing to pretend.  It is a fact.  He is a career 500 coach.  Now, I have not done the math but if he wins out this season maybe he goes up to 600, I am not sure.  If he does that will be what he is...a 600 career coach.

I don't care what his career record is, only what he does at Nebraska. Why would it matter what he's done before when evaluating him as the Husker coach?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

You really would want a coach that wins the NC to immediately retire? No, you wouldn't. Your schtick is getting old.

If it meant winning it all?  Yes.  Riley doesn't call plays anymore so if they win it all this year and he retires it is safe to assume that Langs would be next man up...he calls the plays and would not be the HC calling the plays.  So yeah, I would be fine with that.

Just now, RedDenver said:

I don't care what his career record is, only what he does at Nebraska. Why would it matter what he's done before when evaluating him as the Husker coach?

Well...that is why he was hired, right?  Because of what he had done in the past.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I realize we have a new offensive scheme and a new DC, but I was frankly expecting more to start the 2017 season.  But then I wondered why I should be expecting more, as the 2016 season ended horribly.  With that said, when you look at our last 10 games, Nebraska is 5-5, with our best win being a 28-7 victory over Maryland.  To me beating mediocre programs like Maryland should be a base expectation, and not the biggest win in the last 10 games, and then I realize that is what this program has become and the bar has not been raised over the past few seasons.  I am still hopeful that better talent can turn things around, but I question whether we have the coaches to win on the game field.

Judging by the first two games, Maryland would kick our ass if we played today. So far they beat Texas scoring 51 points and demolished Towson by 46.....with their second string QB.

• Plus1 1

Just now, teachercd said:

If it meant winning it all?  Yes.  Riley doesn't call plays anymore so if they win it all this year and he retires it is safe to assume that Langs would be next man up...he calls the plays and would not be the HC calling the plays.  So yeah, I would be fine with that.

That's nonsense and I think you know it. There's even a recent Husker example: Solich called all the plays in 1997. How did that turn out?

Just now, Hayseed said:

Judging by the first two games, Maryland would kick our ass if we played today. So far they beat Texas scoring 51 points and demolished Towson by 46.....with their second string QB.

Their 2nd string QB was a highly recruited QB who is able to come in and do well as a true frosh.

Riley's offense requires players to be in the system for 2-3 years before getting a chance to play and do well.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Whistlepig said:

uhhh that's not what he said- one or the other is what comes to mind

That's exactly what he said. I'll bold it for you:

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Right now I hope Mediocre Mike does one of two things...

1.  Goes 11-1, makes the playoff, wins the NC and retires.

2.  Finishes the season with some lame record and retires.