Last 10 games

Just now, marko polo said:

and even if TO struggled "some" he was able to stay relevant because he had a much higher baseline from the get go

But that wasn't your argument. You claimed people have limits that they can't overcome, specifically you're arguing Riley can't overcome his previous mediocre record, but TO regressed and then showed he could exceed the limits people thought he had. Maybe Riley can overcome the expectations people have for him.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

But that wasn't your argument. You claimed people have limits that they can't overcome, specifically you're arguing Riley can't overcome his previous mediocre record, but TO regressed and then showed he could exceed the limits people thought he had. Maybe Riley can overcome the expectations people have for him.

it is very unlikely he will substantially  rise above his baseline!!!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Please point me to the part of TO's previous record that was "mediocre".

• Plus1 4

Just now, Mavric said:

So there's not much of a comparison with Riley, is there.

Oh for the love of...

I'm making a comparison about expectations and limits of the two coaches. It's entirely reasonable for the expectations of Riley's limits to be false. For example, there was a certain expectation of TO's limits that turned out to be false.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Oh for the love of...

I'm making a comparison about expectations and limits of the two coaches. It's entirely reasonable for the expectations of Riley's limits to be false. For example, there was a certain expectation of TO's limits that turned out to be false.

might be "reasonable" but not probable  and as far as TO's limits, since you cite no details of meaning, I'm not sure you can prove those "expectations" were false- unless of course you're talking about the "fans" expectations- those same expectations that almost got TO to go to Colorado.

Except that they were both coaches for Neb, kind  of a bad analogy 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

might be "reasonable" but not probable  and as far as TO's limits, since you cite no details of meaning, I'm not sure you can prove those "expectations" were false- unless of course you're talking about the "fans" expectations- those same expectations that almost got TO to go to Colorado.

Except that they were both coaches for Neb, kind  of a bad analogy 

Everything we're discussing on these boards are "fan expectations", so it's a pretty apt comparison.