Huskers -6.5

Warrior10

Most podcasts that have "insiders" liked Illinois in this spot OR they said to stay away.  Not a lot of NU love from the ones I have heard.  

I personally think that the 2 weeks of prep is overrated.  You are who you are by this time and there is only so much you will change or clean up.  It helps in the health department but Illinois is so young I am betting that they would rather have had a game than a bye.  

I have not bet this just yet but I can't see the Illini scoring over 24.  So now you just have to ask yourself how you think the Husker offense will do.

My thought for the game.  If the Illini do not score on their first possession...they will end up with less than 13 points for the game.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Most podcasts that have "insiders" liked Illinois in this spot OR they said to stay away.

I would certainly stay away, for the reasons I cited earlier.

I wouldn't trust any data models that rely heavily on scores and strength of schedule when it comes to Illinois. They're getting a lot of credit for Western Kentucky, but they played awful in that game. They won 20-7, but averaged less than 4 yds per rush and barely 100 yds passing. That game gives a very false impression of their defense, too...6 yds rushing on 16 attempts. Meanwhile Ball St had 171 on 51 carries, and South Florida had 376 on 66 carries. When you put on the tape of these three games, errors abound. This is a wretched offense and not a very good defense.

I'm taking us to lose. I firmly believe MR has lost his team. As long as Tanner Lee is our quarterback, the odds are tipped in favor of the opposing team. I've yet to see anything from him or the staff to prove me otherwise.

With that said, I want a convincing win more than anything. Something to hang our hats on before the Wisconsin game. I expect either a close game or, should Tanner Lee make mistakes again, we can easily lose this game guys.

It's time for the defense to put on a clinic.

• Plus1 1

Purely based on the numbers, I think that's a little high given we're playing at their stadium.  I don't like to bet on teams with turnover margins like ours, though.  It's absolutely fair to point out that their offensive stats make ours look pretty healthy.  We're pushing the average overall and they're not quite halfway there by my math.  There's also the matter of talent.

4 hours ago, Warrior said:

Did the line drop due to the massive amount of wagers placed on the Huskers?

If the line drops, in this scenario, that typically means most are taking Illinois to cover. 

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Most podcasts that have "insiders" liked Illinois in this spot OR they said to stay away.  Not a lot of NU love from the ones I have heard.  

I personally think that the 2 weeks of prep is overrated.  You are who you are by this time and there is only so much you will change or clean up.  It helps in the health department but Illinois is so young I am betting that they would rather have had a game than a bye.  

I have not bet this just yet but I can't see the Illini scoring over 24.  So now you just have to ask yourself how you think the Husker offense will do.

My thought for the game.  If the Illini do not score on their first possession...they will end up with less than 13 points for the game.

I could really see us scoring 35ish this game. Makes for a scary pts o/u line currently. 

On 9/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, Warrior10 said:

Anyone else think this seems low? Illinois O is terrible. Maybe it being at home and them coming off a bye is the main factor?

It reminds me when the Sooners came to Lincoln in '09.  We were 5-3 with all sorts of turnover and QB issues.  It was a night game and the line was unbelievably tight.  I couldn't understand why. 

Since then, I sorta trust the lines when they look fishy.

Just now, admo said:

It reminds me when the Sooners came to Lincoln in '09.  We were 5-3 with all sorts of turnover and QB issues.  It was a night game and the line was unbelievably tight.  I couldn't understand why. 

Since then, I sorta trust the lines when they look fishy.

There is a reason Vegas stays in business. I have found very few occasions where a fishy line comes out and they are dead wrong.

• Plus1 1