Put Up or Shut Up Time

Nebfanatic

2 minutes ago, FearBucky said:

Yeah, dude, I agree. I almost spit out a mouthful of water when I read that. I've watched a pretty decent chunk of the Huskers' games so far and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't trade any of UW's position groups for what NU has.

Took you all of 10 minutes after joining the board to make your first troll attempt.

• Plus1 1

On 10/3/2017 at 5:24 PM, BigRedBuster said:

LOL how many turning points is this team going to have under Dirty Mike and the Boys? Tennessee was the turning point in 16', Purdue in 15' in 17' the turning point is NIU.  I am so tired of hearing these excuses... just take care of business. The thread put up and shut up is so spot on. When will Nebraska start putting up and shut up and just win baby. I remember a few years back the Oline "re-established the pipeline" nlast year it was "lockdown U" these coaches sure like to talk. How about talk by smashing the team across the field from you. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Took you all of 10 minutes after joining the board to make your first troll attempt.

Sorry you took it that way. Wasn't meant to be and not interested in doing that. Just an honest observation. Where exactly do you think the Huskers are more talented?

7 minutes ago, FearBucky said:

Sorry you took it that way. Wasn't meant to be and not interested in doing that. Just an honest observation. Where exactly do you think the Huskers are more talented?

I'd put our skill positions on par with Wisconsin's when we're healthy (which we haven't been). Wisconsin is the overall better team, without question.

But from what I've seen, you don't have a Stanley Morgan. Or a Pierson-El. Or a Tyjon Lindsey...

That's reasonable. Honestly, I just came here to see what the talk was and I've always found this to be one of the more reasonable boards. As an outside observer, there appears to be a divide in Huskerdom between those who think the standard should be the 90s and NCs and those who, after 20 years of mediocrity (compared to that standard) just want to see NU be, essentially, where UW is now. When I saw the post regarding talent level though ... well, let's just say we have our delusional fans too.

I'm looking forward to the game though. As you say, UW is more talented but that's a tough place to place and the Badgers have been a bit too mistake-prone at times.

3 minutes ago, FearBucky said:

That's reasonable. Honestly, I just came here to see what the talk was and I've always found this to be one of the more reasonable boards. As an outside observer, there appears to be a divide in Huskerdom between those who think the standard should be the 90s and NCs and those who, after 20 years of mediocrity (compared to that standard) just want to see NU be, essentially, where UW is now. When I saw the post regarding talent level though ... well, let's just say we have our delusional fans too.

I'm looking forward to the game though. As you say, UW is more talented but that's a tough place to place and the Badgers have been a bit too mistake-prone at times.

We expect Championships here. Nothing less. 

Right now, we're not close.

14 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Brand new defense and QB.  That screams transition.  The growing pains have been pretty evident as well.

lol this should not be happening in year three... Baker should have never came here, nor should have Bruce reed, or Cavanaugh... Mike gets a pass because he unwisely hired his pals and in year three he is making coaching changes? transition year should have been year 1 maybe 2.

Here is what ideally riley should have done in year one

1. hire competent oc and dc

2. find a transfer qb or let POB get reps last season develop.

3. honestly points 1 and 2 could have probably done it. lol

7 hours ago, timmytbro said:

lol this should not be happening in year three... Baker should have never came here, nor should have Bruce reed, or Cavanaugh... Mike gets a pass because he unwisely hired his pals and in year three he is making coaching changes? transition year should have been year 1 maybe 2.

Here is what ideally riley should have done in year one

1. hire competent oc and dc

2. find a transfer qb or let POB get reps last season develop.

3. honestly points 1 and 2 could have probably done it. lol

That is a viable option and there are a large % of Husker fans that agree that MR could have gone that route.  Only downside is that by pulling TA half the team may have pulled out / couple that with learning a new staff and things would have gotten pretty bad for a city that likes to see W's.  The other option was to be patient and see what TA could do and bring in a staff that MR was comfortable with (letting guys go when the time was right) and take a longer transition - obvious downside to this is a lot more noise from some of the fan base.  If MR gets time then he made the right choice - if a new AD pulls the plug then MR made the wrong choice.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, timmytbro said:

LOL how many turning points is this team going to have under Dirty Mike and the Boys? Tennessee was the turning point in 16', Purdue in 15' in 17' the turning point is NIU.  I am so tired of hearing these excuses... just take care of business. The thread put up and shut up is so spot on. When will Nebraska start putting up and shut up and just win baby. I remember a few years back the Oline "re-established the pipeline" nlast year it was "lockdown U" these coaches sure like to talk. How about talk by smashing the team across the field from you. 

I am too. I’m also tired of fans making up cute little names for our coaches. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

That is a viable option and there are a large % of Husker fans that agree that MR could have gone that route.  Only downside is that by pulling TA half the team may have pulled out / couple that with learning a new staff and things would have gotten pretty bad for a city that likes to see W's.  The other option was to be patient and see what TA could do and bring in a staff that MR was comfortable with (letting guys go when the time was right) and take a longer transition - obvious downside to this is a lot more noise from some of the fan base.  If MR gets time then he made the right choice - if a new AD pulls the plug then MR made the wrong choice.

mike went 5-7 in year one,year two his team got hammered by pretty much every decent team we played. I just don't understand where the Wins were that you are talking about. I mean no offense, I just don't see how  any coach can afford to wait till year three to get his philosophy going. 

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

@timmytbro, some good observation.  We certainly have no "pipeline" of any kind.  

It is embarrasing to have freshmen lineman come in and performer upper classmen. exp. Jaimes and Decker. This tells me two things

1. the coaches are not putting the best players on the field, or

2, the more time Cavanaugh gets with his players the worse they get. idk I just don't understand how our o-line is such a weak link.  

out perform*

30 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

mike went 5-7 in year one,year two his team got hammered by pretty much every decent team we played. I just don't understand where the Wins were that you are talking about. I mean no offense, I just don't see how  any coach can afford to wait till year three to get his philosophy going. 

So you come up with a side note that down plays the 9 wins last year and forget that several of our losses from year one should have could have been wins.  Different parts of his philosophy were instilled on day one and some times you have to tweak the plan based on what you have.  I'm pretty confident if TA was pulled there would have been some pretty big waves.....  As stated earlier we will see if MR can afford/survive the approach that he choose.