Put Up or Shut Up Time

Nebfanatic

12 hours ago, timmytbro said:

lol this should not be happening in year three... Baker should have never came here, nor should have Bruce reed, or Cavanaugh... Mike gets a pass because he unwisely hired his pals and in year three he is making coaching changes? transition year should have been year 1 maybe 2.

Here is what ideally riley should have done in year one

1. hire competent oc and dc

2. find a transfer qb or let POB get reps last season develop.

3. honestly points 1 and 2 could have probably done it. lol

This isn't pro football.  You don't poop on TA and others to transition faster.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Mavric said:

So ............. shut up it is?

Yep. Not happy to see us fail, I would have liked to see us do better but we didn't.

I was more than willing to give Riley year 3 to take control of our division. After a rough non con I decided to not panic and see how the conference slate played out. But simply put in year 3 we needed to take hold and become a top team at least within our division. You can see flashes, I think the talent is there, but Riley isn't getting it done. He will finish the season but I think we will see a new coach in 2018.

I don't like it, I would like to see us be able to give a coach more time than 3 years. But there is a certain standard that needs to be met to buy that time and Riley hasn't done it.