Put Up or Shut Up Time

Nebfanatic

25 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That's probably why each of the last two games have come down to the end.....

In fairness they wore down Rutgers and abandoned the passing game, content to cruise to a win, and Illinois never came down to the end.

I will give you N I'll. but I'm not sure what you mean by the "last 2" going down to the end.

The only way to the B1G title game is through Wisconsin and Iowa. Putting aside the competitive aspect, if we lose another close game against Wisconsin, Riley will be 0-3 against Wisconsin. If Riley loses another game against Iowa, close or not, Riley will be 0-6 against the top two teams in the B1G West.

Winning these two games will crucial for Riley.  

• Plus1 1

I''m watching some of the Wisc-NW game.  We are closer to NW level then Wisconsin level and expect our game next week to have about the same results.  Wisconsin will shut down our run game and force Tanner into throwing.  Langs will oblige and we won't have much success passing either.  The kind of pressure Wisconsin can put on a QB doesn't bode well for Tanner.  I'm not sure NW will break 200 yards.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I''m watching some of the Wisc-NW game.  We are closer to NW level then Wisconsin level and expect our game next week to have about the same results.  Wisconsin will shut down our run game and force Tanner into throwing.  Langs will oblige and we won't have much success passing either.  The kind of pressure Wisconsin can put on a QB doesn't bode well for Tanner.  I'm not sure NW will break 200 yards.

I think this is a pretty accurate assessment, but man I hope not.

56 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

The only way to the B1G title game is through Wisconsin and Iowa. Putting aside the competitive aspect, if we lose another close game against Wisconsin, Riley will be 0-3 against Wisconsin. If Riley loses another game against Iowa, close or not, Riley will be 0-6 against the top two teams in the B1G West.

Winning these two games will crucial for Riley.  

The original post and this one are spot on in my opinion.  Especially with a new AD coming in.  Nebraska and MR are just not in a position any longer for a moral victory.  Hell, I think we would all be pleased if we lost games and felt like Nebraska was still Nebraska ... playing hard, well coached, fighting for every yard, never giving up, executing, playing sound football, playing smart ... in every game.  The question is ... over the last three years have we seen that?  NOPE.  Now, like it or not ... you better WIN ... and even that might not be enough.

I respect the hell out of Wisky ... but it's not because they have great players.  They simply play football the way we use to play ... even the years our talent was down ... we still played hard, blue collar football.  That is now gone.

I like the original post ... time to "put up or shut up."

Go Big Red ... believe in yourself and GET IT DONE!

• Plus1 1