Wisconsin Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

"Aww Shucks, we just couldn't match up with them. We knew they were going to run it right at us." 

Fire him now, this dude is in sinking into the abyss. While I had hoped he could get it together, I don't think eternity would be long enough for him to grasp power football. It's just not him. GInger/Harvey Faccked us good

• Plus1 1

This coaching staff doesn't get it, and they haven't since day 1. Been way in over their heads. Langs with another dumbass play call in the redone. Loves his right-handed QB throwing screen/swing to his right (takes time to square shoulders) in the red zone where the corners know they can't get burned over the top. Diaco having our OLB WAY too far out all night where they had the easiest kick out blocks. They absolutely mauled us in the second half. Riley's "Oh darn" attitude is annoying as usual 

• Plus1 1

Riley's and Langsdorf's reactions to the pick 6 is like they accept no responsibility at all.  These types of coaches think they are so smart and think they are calling the correct plays most of the time, so they have a hard time admitting their mistakes.  I understand they may have practiced that play 15 times during the week, and it worked every time, but when it doesn't work in the game, accept some darn responsibility.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Riley's and Langsdorf's reactions to the pick 6 is like they accept no responsibility at all.  These types of coaches think they are so smart and think they are calling the correct plays most of the time, so they have a hard time admitting their mistakes.  I understand they may have practiced that play 15 times during the week, and it worked every time, but when it doesn't work in the game, accept some darn responsibility.

I agree. They are more concerned about "balance" and finesse on offense that they lose sight of the ultimate goal....winning the game.

I didn't watch any of these because its all the same coach speak week after week with zero results. But did anyone ask Diaco about Wisconsin running it 28 out of the last 30 plays and completely unable to stop them?

Did anyone ask Langsdorf and Riley that maybe they didn't realize Nebraska is undefeated under Riley when the Cornhuskers rush for over 200 yards and so why not put more emphasis or focus on running the football?

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree. They are more concerned about "balance" and finesse on offense that they lose sight of the ultimate goal....winning the game.

Everything Langsdorf does is to set up the pass.  NU is running great that first drive with Ozigbo, and is in a short yardage situation, and Langsdorf automatically thinks pass.  Yes, it's supposed to be a "safe pass", but even the simplest pass can be risky when it's not executed.  I do know what would have been a much safer call, it would have been two runs with Ozigbo on 3rd and 4th down to get the first down.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Everything Langsdorf does is to set up the pass.  NU is running great that first drive with Ozigbo, and is in a short yardage situation, and Langsdorf automatically thinks pass.  Yes, it's supposed to be a "safe pass", but even the simplest pass can be risky when it's not executed.  I do know what would have been a much safer call, it would have been two runs with Ozigbo on 3rd and 4th down to get the first down.

Safe pass!?!?!? NIU had a pick six on a similar, if not exact same play in the same spot on the field.

And this isn't to disagree with your post, it is to disagree with Langs thought process with the call.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m sure the play works great going up against a defense in practice that refuses to play closer than 10 yards from the LOS

• Plus1 5