Will Tanner Lee be a Pro Quarterback?

Hayseed

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Pelini's guys were far better receivers. The guys we have now are athletes and can return a punt with the best of them.....so-so receivers.

I have said this multiple times, but I can't get over how small our current WR's are.  They look as small as the WR's that Osborne had in the 90's.  Those guys were basically blockers, who might catch 1 or 2 passes a game, and would run a reverse.

These small receivers aren't going to be able to consistent enough in an offense that emphasizes the passing game.  Wisconsin's CBs were so much more physical than NU's WRs, and the WRs couldn't do anything about it.

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Dude still had a few close/iffy passes last night that would have easily been picks in the league.  

Forcing the ball and lack of vision have been his main problems. I think pro scouts see his raw talent/accuracy/arm strength, and think it's an easy fix.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NFL scouts may love his arm and size, but if they take one look at how he makes poor decisions, he won't sniff the NFL.

Agree.  Funny thing is you see a guy like Trevor Siemian starting in the league and you kind of shake your head.  Regardlesd whether or not Lee gets a shot with an NFL team is not something I'm going to spend any time worrying about however. Definitely the least of my worries right now as far as the Huskers go.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If he is having trouble making quick decisions in the college game, how is he going to succeed in the NFL?

Because they think they can fix that and he does far better with good protection. That's what I think they think. We're talking about two completely different games. Joe Ganz-great college QB....Pros- forget it.

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Agree.  Funny thing is you see a guy like Trevor Siemian starting in the league and you kind of shake your head.  Regardlesd whether or not Lee gets a shot with an NFL team is not something I'm going to spend any time worrying about however. Definitely the least of my worries right now as far as the Huskers go.

1.  Siemien starting is odd, but that's more due to Denver's strong D and them wanting a QB who will be smart and not make mistakes, even though Siemien doesn't play mistake free 100% of the time.

2.  I am with you on not worrying about Lee's pro prospects.  Yes, it's great when Huskers do well in the NFL, but I care most about what they do when they are in Lincoln.

18 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Forcing the ball and lack of vision have been his main problems. I think pro scouts see his raw talent/accuracy/arm strength, and think it's an easy fix.

Personally I think accuracy is reaaaally hard to fix especially if you're already playing at the college level.  Decision making possibly slighty easier to improve upon but QB's who have bad tendencies in college have a strong chance of not drastically improving said bad tendencies imo.

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Personally I think accuracy is reaaaally hard to fix especially if you're already playing at the college level.  Decision making possibly slighty easier to improve upon but QB's who have bad tendencies in college have a strong chance of not drastically improving said bad tendencies imo.

I was listing his accuracy as his biggest asset, the rest is questionable. After all the preseason hype I was thinking  WTH?? But I can see now where a pro QB coach might see his throwing ability and think he can fix him. Clearly some of us don't think that will happen.

You guys are really wrong if you don't think Lee will be getting a fair amount of NFL interest. Say what you want about him but I think he does have intangibles and the field vision while a problem has been overlooked for plenty of past prospects. He has the tools and that is usually the biggest factor when it comes to getting an opportunity.