Will Tanner Lee be a Pro Quarterback?

Hayseed

13 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I'm guessing yes. He does have great accuracy when he's not throwing it to the other team. I have to think pro scouts are looking at him riding the bench for a couple years and working on the obvious problems. With good protection, receivers who can catch, and having the practice time to get the plays in sync, I think it's possible he could develop into a good pro-style QB.

What do you think?

He has another year and a half, so we'll see. He has come a long way this year and does have a terrific arm.

7 hours ago, 3rd and long said:

Except there is no way a back can get his body turned that much on that route. The ball simply has to be in front of him. 

It was a bad, fluky bounce that was even possible because it was a bad throw. 

Ozigbo didn't run the greatest route.  He should have been a little more flat.  Where he was limited his ability to turn toward Tanner.  If Tanner leads him it's probably picked anyway.  Even Howard Griffith commented that it was a bad route. Also for the second time if Stanley Morgan blocks who he is supposed to block that guy doesn't make the play.

• Plus1 1

Not even close to a pro prospect.  He will not be drafted so I suppose some team will give him a shot as a free agent.  The windows you have to throw into are tiny compared to college.  Quick decision making and reading defenses is everything in the pro game and he has shown zero aptitude for that.  The NFL is a quarterback driven league.  He has struggles against average (at times not even that) college talent. 

• Plus1 1

On 10/8/2017 at 7:15 AM, Hayseed said:

I'm guessing yes. He does have great accuracy when he's not throwing it to the other team. I have to think pro scouts are looking at him riding the bench for a couple years and working on the obvious problems. With good protection, receivers who can catch, and having the practice time to get the plays in sync, I think it's possible he could develop into a good pro-style QB.

What do you think?

Uh, he's got pretty good accuracy when throwing it to the other team, too. 

2 minutes ago, unlfan said:

He is perhaps the most immobile QB I have ever seen.

Someone doesn't remember Zac Taylor. 

On 10/8/2017 at 2:03 PM, Nebhawk said:

NFL is starting to have more mobile quarterbacks.  Pure pocket passers are becoming a thing of the past.  Even Aaron Rodgers is mobile enough to escape trouble.  Brady is one of the few pocket passing Qb's left that has success.

Every quarterback in the NFL is a pocket passer. It comes with the job. Even the dual threats need to work the pocket, and if anything, the dual threats are becoming a thing of the past. 

Being a mobile quarterback doesn't mean you're not a "pure" pocket passer, it just means you're smart and skilled enough to avoid on-rushing linemen when the pocket collapses, and occasionally take the 15 yards of open field that come available when you scramble. Brady is one of those, too, just a bit less often than Rodgers.

Tanner Lee had two great completions while avoiding the rush against Wisconsin. But the dude is not a mobile quarterback.