Something that scared me about the Wisconsin game

36 minutes ago, fire mike said:

At the end of the day, people are still posting their emotions / thoughts on a message board and, amazingly, they might show their disdain. Just like others always try to knock people down or take the supposed “high road”, cause everything is sunshine and daisies 100% of the time. 

I'm no psychologist, and I'm also not going to tell you or anyone else how you should feel or what feelings you should share on the message board.

All I know is, many if not most great accomplishments, especially on the heels of adversity, were weathered and overcome with enthusiasm.

4 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

I'm no psychologist, and I'm also not going to tell you or anyone else how you should feel or what feelings you should share on the message board.

All I know is, many if not most great accomplishments, especially on the heels of adversity, were weathered and overcome with enthusiasm.

Funny, cause everyone that mocks or ridicules the OP for his/her disdain is, indirectly, telling him how he/she should feel. 

Some great accomplishments also require regime changes. 

• Plus1 5

Most programs go thru this, we all just thought we were different.  That makes it tougher I think.  We have a new chancellor and president that want more than what we are getting, we are looking for a top of the line AD, and with that will come (most likely) a new head coach, all on the same page, working together to improve Nebraska football.  If Nebraska was not taking these steps, then feeling like there is no end is appropriate I guess.  But looking forward to something new and better is always exciting.  Never quit is what we ask of the young kids that play the game for us.  So I will never quit on them.  I am seeing the writing on the way for Coach Riley, but I still feel any new coach will need at least 5 years to know if he has passed or failed.  

Nebraska looked good last night.  High flying, loud and anxious for most of the game.  Thanks to all those fans that have not quit.  Nebraska is about more than wins and losses.  It is about friendship, loyalty, work and moral ethics.  Friends helping friends when times are down.  This program needs us to stick by them, the kids need it more than any.  

So get back on the horse, wear your red and be proud.

42 minutes ago, fire mike said:

I love the people that take the holier than thou high road and say quite letting 21 year olds dictate your happiness / life, yet have gone through the time to register on this site and contribute. In some instances, these same individuals contribute / spend more time on the board than most. But don’t let that fact burst your excessive positivity bubble. 

Pretty rich statement coming from the guy with 'Fire Mike' as his screen name.

4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Pretty rich statement coming from the guy with 'Fire Mike' as his screen name.

Is it? I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m not a fan of the guy and don’t have a problem saying so. High road or not, I’d like to see change. 

But keep the mocking going, best fans and all. 

1 minute ago, fire mike said:

Is it? I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m not a fan of the guy and don’t have a problem saying so. High road or not, I’d like to see change. 

But keep the mocking going, best fans and all. 

I'll continue to mock ridiculous statements as they come up.

35 minutes ago, fire mike said:

Funny, cause everyone that mocks or ridicules the OP for his/her disdain is, indirectly, telling him how he/she should feel. 

Some great accomplishments also require regime changes. 

True.  And it is also true things can look much worse than they really are, and one can be much closer to success than it appears.  Perseverance is often rewarded.

Here is a prime example.

Dantonio's record first 3 years at MSU:

7-6

9-4

6-7

At this point the evidence is clear "he's not the one" right? A losing season in year three tells us all we need to know.

And now the rest of the story.  Year 4 and 5.

11-2 (7-1) Conference Championship

11-3 (7-1) Division Championship

Year 7.

13-1 (8-0) Conference Champs, Rose Bowl Champs

Year 8

11-2 (7-1)

Year 9

12-2 (7-1) Conference Champs

Year 10

3-9

I don't expect to change anyone's mind.  I will share why I believe our current path is similar to Dantonios.  Others can agree/disagree. 

The amount of youth on the field right now is impressive, all the game reps and big situations they are being put in will translate into tremendous growth throughout this season and even more so into next season providing there is continuity to maximize that growth.  That bodes extremely well for the future.  Lee has made giant strides already, and his backups should be growing, learning, and improving as well.  We have some very talented redshirts who will add to our depth and possibly break the lineup next year.  We have other talented players who when they return from injury make N a better team. 

There's no teacher like experience and a lot of young players with big potential are getting that experience right now.  Adding all those factors together gives me a lot of hope we are much closer to where we want to be than it may appear.  We're mid stream and I'm willing to wait till we get to the far bank to decide if swapping horses is the answer.

• Plus1 1
Just now, LaunchCode said:

True.  And it is also true things can look much worse than they really are, and one can be much closer to success than it appears.  Perseverance is often rewarded.

Here is a prime example.

7-6

9-4

6-7

At this point the evidence is clear "he's not the one" right? A losing season in year three tells us all we need to know.

And now the rest of the story.  Year 4 and 5.

11-2 (7-1) Conference Championship

11-3 (7-1) Division Championship

Year 7.

13-1 (8-0) Conference Champs, Rose Bowl Champs

Year 8

11-2 (7-1)

Year 9

12-2 (7-1) Conference Champs

Year 10

3-9

I don't expect to change anyone's mind.  I will share why I believe our current path is similar to Dantonios.  Others can agree/disagree. 

The amount of youth on the field right now is impressive, all the game reps and big situations they are being put in will translate into tremendous growth throughout this season and even more so into next season providing there is continuity to maximize that growth.  That bodes extremely well for the future.  Lee has made giant strides already, and his backups should be growing, learning, and improving as well.  We have some very talented redshirts who will add to our depth and possibly break the lineup next year.  We have other talented players who when they return from injury make N a better team. 

There's no teacher like experience and a lot of young players with big potential are getting that experience right now.  Adding all those factors together gives me a lot of hope we are much closer to where we want to be than it may appear.  We're mid stream and I'm willing to wait till we get to the far bank to decide if swapping horses is the answer.

I’m going to be 100% honest, I don’t know much about dantonio’s teams and I’d love for Riley to have similar success, because at the end of the day that means the program is headed in the right direction but I’d be willing to bet that Dantonio’s team played much better than the current one under Riley. Again, I can’t 100% say that, but I’m just guessing. I also think the 3-9 year with dantonio is more of an anomaly than a trend. 

I get what you’re saying though. 

1 hour ago, LaunchCode said:

Here is a prime example.

7-6

9-4

6-7

You mean the guy that took over a team that had 3 straight losing seasons? A program that only had eight 9 win seasons and two 10 win season in it's entire history before Dantonio showed up?

You think maybe their program was in a far worse spot than ours when each respective coach took over?

Edited by DrunkOffPunch
  • Plus1 3