** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

And this is suppose to settle us down? Sure hope Moos has been talking hourly with his agent then.

He is currently employed and cannot do anything with us or any other university until after his last regular season game. You all understand this correct? This is all done through agent until after Friday.

• Plus1 3

Florida fired their head coach with multiple games to go.

Tennessee fired their head coach with multiple game to go.

UCLA fired their head coach with one game to go.

Why? It appears that they either wanted to get a head start on a coaching search or lock down a specific candidate.

Nebraska did not fire their head coach before the end of the season,

Why? Perhaps it was because they already knew who their next head coach was going to be.

• Plus1 6

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

What did he say that says "not going to NU"??? 

1. We still have a coach

2. We can't speak directly to Frost

3. He cannot sign a contract 

Nothing. What has he said that says "going to NU"???

100% of the information getting passed around here as truth is not from him.

I'm optimistic. Hopeful even. But I also know we are Nebraska. If this can be screwed up it will.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

Wonder if Florida is regretting firing a coach early and now being bent over a barrel in what looks pretty messy from the outside.   

Florida made a jerk reaction and used the threat lie to fire him. They got cocky thinking they could fire him and have a new coach wrapped up in a heartbeat because they are UF. Fast Forward today and they will lose out to Frost and Kelly and likely end up with Taggart or Strong, which the fanbase will always be angry about. 

That is why you do the search BEFORE you fire and not after you fire. The best AD's get to work with agents before they pull the trigger. Use our last AD as an example of how bad he failed at the firing and hiring stuff. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Kernel Red said:

Why? It appears that they either wanted to get a head start on a coaching search or lock down a specific candidate.

Why? Perhaps it was because they already knew who their next head coach was going to be.

Stop making sense! 

1 minute ago, Sparker said:

Nothing. What has he said that says "going to NU"???

100% of the information getting passed around here as truth is not from him.

I'm optimistic. Hopeful even. But I also know we are Nebraska. If this can be screwed up it will.

He hasn't said he isn't coming nor has he committed to staying at UCF, Florida backed off because his agent told them no....he told them no for a reason. Back channel talks with agent have been happening for a month 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Oh+thats+brilliant+hullo+mr+cup+_bc02c99

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He hasn't said he isn't coming nor has he committed to staying at UCF, Florida backed off because his agent told them no....he told them no for a reason. Back channel talks with agent have been happening for a month 

I'm not trying to argue with you. All I said was I wish I was as confident as you. I hope all of this is true, but I don't know.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He is currently employed and cannot do anything with us or any other university until after his last regular season game. You all understand this correct? This is all done through agent until after Friday.

so he can chat with teams before the conference championship games?

7 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Dilly dilly

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

so he can chat with teams before the conference championship games?

Yes, we cannot talk to employed coaches directly until after the last regular season game is my understanding. Until then we have as much of a guarantee that Frost is coming as we can possibly get. 

• Plus1 1