** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

The title of that article made me smile. It says Scott Frost COULD prefer the Oregon job. The reason: He coaches there before. That’s it!   I wouldn’t worry about this Boneyard. There are a dozen people who could say he wouldn’t return to Oregon because he already coached there. Hang in there Buddy!  I know these are anxious times!

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, formerfan8 said:

Bo was supposed to bring this program back to national prominence but he was fired bc he only won 9 games a year and he was an A**hole.

Now the fanbase thinks SF will be the second coming of Tom Osborne.

What if Neb gets SF at 5 mill a year for 7 years and 3 years in we haven't won a Nat title or Big ten title? will the fans turn on him also?

how may years are you willing to give SF? If you get him and then run him off, Neb will become a career killer and good luck getting anyone next time around.

If Scott is the class act he has been through the entirety of his career and can have us looking tough game in and game out everyone will love him for at least 8 seasons. Bo was an ass, Bo got blown out by less talented teams on paper (Wisconsin mainly). If we don't lose by 3+ scores within the division and look like we could win every game we are playing in that will be a success for the first 3 seasons. 9-4 isn't too bad if the 4 losses are tough losses to solid opponents. Eventually he will have to get over the hump to elite, but no one will expect that through the first 5 years. 

Edited by Nebfanatic

I lost interest years ago. Now I really only enjoy the forums for the entertainment value and the discussions.

I don't believe for a minute that the media and the collective fanbase will give Frost or anyone 4 years let alone 10 years

Based on the money spent over 20 years and the results on the field, I think Neb MAY have been better off keeping Solich. Yes Ohio is a lower conf but you still have to find and develop talent. He has been successful there and he was winning 9 games here and wasn't an embarrassment until the very end, which may have been created by the media pressures.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Really, the Army coach? If that were to happen, the state of Nebraska would implode

Actually as an Army Grad, I would be pissed if NU stole Monken away, just because of the harm it will do Army and I feel NU can get Frost without having to steal Monken. He is a perfect fit for Army and what he has done with them over the last 4 seasons has been remarkable. Monken gets Army and the true mission, he has really embraced that culture. He would definitely win at NU, just feel like NU can win with Frost as well and Monken can continue to build Army into a perennial winner like Navy has been recently. BTW, going to make it 2 straight against the squids in a couple of weeks!

Edited by caveman99

Again, I don't have any inside info. I still feel like Florida is the only other school to be worried about.

Tennessee - Third best job in the division, have to play Alabama every year in crossover game

UCLA - Not even the best job in own city, bad facilities, and ultimately it's a basketball school that doesn't care much about football

Arkansas - It's the fifth or sixth best job in the division, plus you have to play Alabama every year

Other jobs aren't open yet. I could see Texas A&M or Auburn being problematic, but that's about it. I think it's Nebraska or Florida for Frost. And Frost may not be Florida's top choice.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Can't wait for next weekend then. Hopefully anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after the conference championship game if UCF beats USF.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

UCF vs USF is a big game for husker nation 

They will wait after the Conf. championship game, but the deal needs to be at least announced to not start a complete cluster f#*k. If Riley is let go this Saturday the sooner the current players and recruits know Frost, or whoever they hire, is coming the better. Preference being this upcoming Sunday or Monday.

Edited by C N Red
26 minutes ago, formerfan8 said:

Bo was supposed to bring this program back to national prominence but he was fired bc he only won 9 games a year and he was an A**hole.

Now the fanbase thinks SF will be the second coming of Tom Osborne.

What if Neb gets SF at 5 mill a year for 7 years and 3 years in we haven't won a Nat title or Big ten title? will the fans turn on him also?

how may years are you willing to give SF? If you get him and then run him off, Neb will become a career killer and good luck getting anyone next time around.

Please slap yourself for me 

• Plus1 9
1 minute ago, C N Red said:

They will wait after the Conf. championship game, but the deal needs to be at least announced to not start a complete cluster f#*k. If Riley is let go this Saturday the sooner the current players and recruits know Frost, or whoever they hire, is coming the better.

Then you better be a USF bulls fan this Friday