Diaco's Best Defense in Country!

58 minutes ago, Toe said:

I remember one of Callahan's favorite lines when asked about his players' performance toward the end: "It's completely correctable!" So, uhh... why isn't it being corrected?

"The plan was perfect. We prepared for it, bottom line -- we just didn't punch it in."

11 minutes ago, FTW said:

People seem to forget, we rattled off 3 natty's with an attacking aggressive 4-3 defense that took risks. 

I think instead of people forgetting, they remember that while also remembering that there have been 20 years of offensive innovation since then.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I think instead of people forgetting, they remember that while also remembering that there have been 20 years of offensive innovation since then.

I still think you can attack offenses but you need a really athletic defensive line more than anything and we don't have it. We haven't in 7 years. See PSU last year/this year.

I think we have talent on the roster but so far I'm not impressed with Parella and neither Diaco. JMHO.

Talk is cheap. put up or shutup.  Did any of "amazing" reporters of Omaha and Lincoln think to ask Fiasco, "when?"  Or, hows he gonna do it when hes looking for another gig @ season`s end?

Guess not, they never ask the tough and obvious questions.  

NE doesnt have the blue chip players to be "the best", now or anytime soon.  By the time the hack "mason" Fiasco gets done w his "brick by brick" defensive construction project we`ll all be dead.  And hes doing just a helluva job now fielding a D that is statistically near the bottom of the barrel nationally.

The only success the hack has ever had was @ ND w blue chippers up and down the roster.

More smoke and mirrors...

Edited by Big Red Commie
46 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

So, am I the only one that took it as him trying to publicly give his defense a shot of confidence? 

I think it's Diaco being Diaco. He's said off the wall stuff here, he did at UConn and ND as well. 

He is a really positive guy, but his defense has had some downright shameful performances so far.

• Plus1 1

Well, it does play better with the full context but IMO “best defense in the country” just shouldn’t be uttered after the last couple games. Put it on the field and let your performance speak for itself. Trust me, if it gets headed anywhere near best defense in the country, people will figure it out. At this point I’d settle for a defense that can execute a tackle more often than not.