Diaco's Best Defense in Country!

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/practice-report-oct-bob-diaco-says-nebraska-working-toward-best/article_33b4d010-b912-11e7-b178-5bda96e50056.html

This is the stuff that is plaguing Nebraska football. Diaco says Nebraska will have the best defense in the country, it just will take time.

All we hear is talk, we don't see action just talk. Talk is cheap. Who cares what a person says, it is the actions that speak volumes of a person and a teams character.

We heard Kalu will be the best safety in the country, we heard Lamar Jackson say he turned a page.... The problem is these players are told how great they are without even doing anything to show they deserve these titles. How about praising your team after they do something good, not after getting destroyed the last three weeks.... 

Edited by timmytbro
  • Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/practice-report-oct-bob-diaco-says-nebraska-working-toward-best/article_33b4d010-b912-11e7-b178-5bda96e50056.html

This is the stuff that is plaguing Nebraska football. Diaco says Nebraska will have the best defense in the country, it just will take time.

All we hear is talk, we don't see action just talk. Talk is cheap. Who cares what a person says, it is the actions that speak volumes of a person and a teams character.

We heard Kalu will be the best safety in the country, we heard Lamar Jackson say he turned a page.... The problem is these players are told how great they are without even doing anything to show they deserve these titles. How about praising your team after they do something good, not after getting destroyed the last three weeks.... 

I always go back to Cory Raymond and the look at us and look at them quote after losing to USC (Carolina).  He also said the guys can't rest on the laurels of the likes of Amukamara and Gnomes.......

The guys need to earn the accolades, nit be given them.  Kalu might've been a great CB.  He's a miss at safety IMHO.  Meanwhile our top rated returning safety (K Williams) is third on the depth chart....A top rated safety in L Jax is a CB.....

I do like that Diaco is developing depth and doesn't throw the kids under the bus...

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I always go back to Cory Raymond and the look at us and look at them quote after losing to USC (Carolina).  He also said the guys can't rest on the laurels of the likes of Amukamara and Gnomes.......

The guys need to earn the accolades, nit be given them.  Kalu might've been a great CB.  He's a miss at safety IMHO.  Meanwhile our top rated returning safety (K Williams) is third on the depth chart....A top rated safety in L Jax is a CB.....

I do like that Diaco is developing depth and doesn't throw the kids under the bus...

Yea, I just don;t understand what good it does by telling the players how great they are when they have not earned any of that. It seems that what the players need is to be brought back to reality. 

"This isn't 'Powder, add water, shake,'" Diaco said. "It's a wholistic, all-encompassing, all-consuming process to create a great defense."

Sounds extremely difficult.  I had no idea.  Good thing we have Diaco to get this defense thing sorted out.  I hope it only takes 4-5 years.

• Plus1 1

Are those comments real life? Who says sh#t like that “we’re going to be the best defense in the country” after getting totally handled the way they have been? Just give us the standard coach speak, we’ll get better, we’re working hard to improve, we need to coach better. Don’t say crap that makes you sound batsh#t.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Frost was hired and kept Diaco, would fans turn on Frost and say Frost was a bad hire?

I'd take Erik Chinander's aggressive attacking multiple scheme over Diaco's passive scheme every day of the week. People seem to forget, we rattled off 3 natty's with an attacking aggressive 4-3 defense that took risks. 

• Plus1 1