Schools making moves

YoteSker

8 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am shocked that Chip Kelly's name isn't out there all that much. I would think schools like Tennessee and Florida would be offering a lot to get Kelly. I thought the Gators were wanting Chip Kelly the year they were hiring McElwain.

Is Chip Kelly carrying some ‘baggage’? Is that why he isn’t being mentioned?

Just now, ladyhawke said:

Is Chip Kelly carrying some ‘baggage’? Is that why he isn’t being mentioned?

I've heard people say he has a show cause penalty for whoever hires him, but that is false. His show cause penalty for 18 months started as soon as he took the Eagles job so it is well past.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Ok.  Where do we rank in possible jobs that might be open?

Florida is the best in my opinion.

Where do we line up at.

1. Florida

2. Texas A&M

3. Nebraska

4.  UCLA

5.  Tennessee

6.  Arkansas

This is where I see us in the line up.  Most of these jobs are going to come available.  I think of those 6 were 3rd best job.  Add in some other schools like Ole Miss and maybe more I still think we are 3rd best.

UCLA is probably a better option, due to recruiting and great weather, not to mention academics. Tennessee is a push. We are definitely a better option than Arkansas. 

Show cause is over.  He supposedly knew nothing about the questionable recruiting that was going on.  Secondary source located recruits, flew them to Oregon to cover their costs.  They lost a few scholarships, and he had a show cause for a period of 5 years or so, but due to his leaving two NFL programs it is either finished or lifted?  Did not make sense to me, bur really do not want him on the sidelines.

He stated a couple of weeks ago, that he has not had a single call regarding any college jobs since he left Oregon.  Who knows

59 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Show cause is over.  He supposedly knew nothing about the questionable recruiting that was going on.  Secondary source located recruits, flew them to Oregon to cover their costs.  They lost a few scholarships, and he had a show cause for a period of 5 years or so, but due to his leaving two NFL programs it is either finished or lifted?  Did not make sense to me, bur really do not want him on the sidelines.

He stated a couple of weeks ago, that he has not had a single call regarding any college jobs since he left Oregon.  Who knows

Maybe without Mariota his system is full of holes?  Since Mariota left that system fell apart in many ways.  That system couldn't compete against Bama and other power driven teams.  

1 hour ago, Street Novelist said:

UCLA is probably a better option, due to recruiting and great weather, not to mention academics. Tennessee is a push. We are definitely a better option than Arkansas. 

If your looking at present day college football we are not in the Top Tier program pool.  We are in the 2nd Tier, and probably still a Top 15 program, but I would not consider this a top tier job right now.  With the right administration and Head Coach, I think we close that gap in the next 4 to 5 years.  

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

Maybe without Mariota his system is full of holes?  Since Mariota left that system fell apart in many ways.  That system couldn't compete against Bama and other power driven teams.  

Wrong. Although I don't want Chip Kelly as the head coach of Nebraska, I have to give the guy credit as being a dang good coach. He turned Dennis Dixon into a Heisman candidate in his first year as Oregon's offensive coordinator, no one may remember this, but Dixon prior to Kelly's arrival was a very bad QB who got boo'd out of Autzen Stadium. He won the Pac-10 and put up a heck of a fight against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl with Jeremiah Masoli at quarterback, and lastly he went to the national championship game and lost in a battle to Auburn with Darron Thomas, who got beat out by Mariota the following year.

Chip's system works in heavy favor of quarterbacks, I don't know what it is, but it seems like all the QBs end up just playing catch out there like they are in the backyard, the WRs/TEs/RBs get wide open and it literally just takes the skills to get a ball to a wide open player. Once his offense got into that rhythm it was so difficult to stop.

In my opinion, Chip is more suited for Florida.  He can recruit speed for his fun and gun system.  He would basically do what Urban did down there.  I think that Florida will either go get him or get Frost.  Dan Mullen is the obvious choice, and that to me just doesn't make sense sometimes.  These AD's don't like to be predictable.