Schools making moves

YoteSker

I agree skersfan!!!   He has plenty of money.  Oregon pay, plus NFL pay and pension, plus his current pay of almost 2 million.  He's not chasing money.  He has a vision of creating his program with his offense based on pure speed and I think UCF is exactly  what he wants.   I don't see him going to any other place besides Nebraska. I  don't think that is a sure thing, by any means.

40 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I hope he does what is right for Scott Frost.  I hope we get a good coach if Coach Riley is replaced.

Nothing more I can do.

I have no doubt in my mind he will do what is best for his family. If that means being closer to his parents and coming home, cool. If that means taking a different job offer, cool. If that means staying at Central Florida, cool.

If he ends up not coming back, I won’t be upset unless we botched it on our end; which I’m not sure we would ever know. Otherwise, I don’t fault Scott for making any decision regarding his life.

35 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I think he has, but we fail to hear it.

How many on this board fit into the millennial category? 

For some people everything is not about money. 

He’s said he’s committed to trying to finish out the season. That’s the only thing I’ve heard. The fact that he didn’t say anything about beyond this season makes me think he wants to at least leave the door open for other jobs.

Frost and Leach are in two significantly different stages of their career. Leach said he wasn’t coming to Nebraska. After building what he has at Wazzu, I would be shocked if he wanted to take over another project. He seems to be pretty entrenched at Wazzu; it fits him well.

Frost, I think, would be significantly more intrigued with a project. Does his alma mater mean even more? I don’t know. But I’m sure he doesn’t want to make any statements about being at UCF beyond this season, because he truly hasn’t thought about any other offers. He’s committed to this season, and will analyze each offer at the appropriate time and make the decision that is in his family’s best interest.

If he says he’s there beyond this season, without actually seeing what his options are truly like, he could go against his word if he were to end up taking a job that’s better for his family.

He doesn’t owe NU any loyalty. He doesn’t owe UCF any loyalty beyond this season. He only owes loyalty to his family; and I think he’s honorable enough to know that.

Edited by Edison's Enemy

If Scott says Nebraska is his dream school he wants to coach at, now is the time for him to take it. If we get another coach that does well here and he is young, like Matt Campbell, it would be tough for him to get the job later on. I like him and his staff, they would fit well in Lincoln. He also could retain Donte because he has the Cally as well as Florida connections on the current staff. I won't say it is now or never, but I would bet he wants this job while he is younger rather than older.

I posted this in the SF Megathread w/o seeing this thread.  

Without sounding too much like a homer I wouldn't worry too much about Florida scooping up Frost.  The current UF AD is the former Mississippi St AD so the logical (or lazy) conclusion would be that UF will take a swing at Dan Mullen.  Mullen was the OC under Urban Meyer at Florida so there's a reasonable parallel there.  I think Petrino ends up leaving UL (especially if Lamar Jackson goes pro) so you figure UF and/or UT will kick the tires.  That doesn't take into account Chip Kelly and Mike Norvell.  UF tried G5 HC approach with McElwain and it didn't work out, it wouldn't surprise me if they went with someone more established.

I know I have read somewhere he stated he was committed to making UCF a national power.  Does that mean finishing the season.  Could be.

I think the best argument, grandchildren being close to grandparents, family support.

What ever happens happens.

Understanding we have no say in it just makes it easier for me.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I know I have read somewhere he stated he was committed to making UCF a national power.  Does that mean finishing the season.  Could be.

I think the best argument, grandchildren being close to grandparents, family support.

What ever happens happens.

Understanding we have no say in it just makes it easier for me.

We don’t know where his in-laws live (at least I don’t), but maybe they’d like to be around her parents too. 

1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

Oh he is definitely a competitor but it is no secret that recruiting as a whole is not his favorite thing to do. He does not hide the fact that he does love being able to drive to certain locales in Florida and be home that night with his family. He would mostly be able to do that at Florida but not Nebraska.

You do know his family is in Nebraska?

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

This is not about Nebraska at this point.  If Frost goes to the Gators, its about him and his career.  Could you blame him for looking at the big picture here?  I truly think that Chip Kelly would be #1, but Frost is #2 for sure.  Who knows if that would work out for either one.  The thing is that Kelly could take some of Frost and his recruitin since they are similiar systems.  Would Frost come here and leave the state of FLorida for Kelly to recruit?  Florida hire will go along way in who we end up getting or who is available.  

Florida is the best job out there, even if were on the board, Florida is the best.

Texas A&M is going to follow next , and then Arkansas and then Tennessee.

I am guessing that by next weekend, or the week after, all of these jobs are open.  UCLA is close as well.

Not likely

1 hour ago, huskerfan69 said:

i think florida is the only school we have to worry about getting frost. they are a top 5 program and frost already has a recruiting base established in florida.

it'd be silly for him to turn down that job.

Why would it be silly to turn down that job when he could come home to a place that he dreams about?

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, Frost may not take those jobs, but I am sure their AD’s have already been in contact with Frost’s agent, and other agents for coaches around college football. I just hope Moos has a plan in his head for the next 4 weeks, and that plan includes firing Riley by Thanksgiving Saturday. 

I totally agree! They would be foolish not to do whatever they could to ensure a great coach. I think Mr. Moos seems pretty  savvy, so I think he has been thinking about this for awhile. Time will tell:)

1 hour ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I still say Scott Frost stays at UCF.  He is giving his own money to help pay his assistants more money.  The media reported last week how he said keeping the band all together is most important thing.  He is the "lead singer".  I think many of you are dismissing his character and how he values loyalty.  He has repeated many times he is commited to UCF to build a championship program.  

I don't view that as just coach speak!!!  Tony Dungy has also been quoted that Frost is staying at UCF.   He was quoted as saying the power 5's missed their opportunity at hiring Scott Frost and that their are building something special at UCF.

He is smart and calculating.  I say he's at UCF 3-4 more years.

When you are the lead singer you get to take your band with you - If Frost wants another NC he will be going to a power 5 very soon.