Northwestern Opens as One Point Favorite

Mavric

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

This is hilarious!  We were a -6 underdog with Purdue and now NW is +1 and they've beaten Michigan State and Iowa?  I don't get it!

I think they’re saying Michigan State and Iowa are nothing special.

Also, they may have noticed that instead of folding like a cheap tent, the Huskers are playing from beginning to end like they have something to prove.

Edited by Hayseed
47 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think they’re saying Michigan State and Iowa are nothing special.

Also, they may have noticed that instead of folding like a cheap tent, the Huskers are playing from beginning to end like they have something to prove.

Get real.  That team played hard in the last 2 minutes at Purdue.  Purdue was playing not to lose instead of throwing the ball down field, they elected to run 3 times and punt.  There defense was tired at the end of the game.  We couldn't cover there WRs down field, and they couldn't catch a cold!

We needed that win.  No doubt.  This team finnally realized it could play some ball on offense.  We let a team that had no offense for 4 weeks score 24 points.  Not bad if its Ohio St or Wisky, but that was Purdue.  We didn't play hard all game.  That team was folding from the start.  Purdue was just that much lowlier than we are.  Thank golly for that.  If we would start some games like we finished this one, it would be a pleasant surprise.  Michigan St and Iowa are alot better teams than most in the lower half of this conference.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebhawk said:

Get real.  That team played hard in the last 2 minutes at Purdue.  Purdue was playing not to lose instead of throwing the ball down field, they elected to run 3 times and punt.  There defense was tired at the end of the game.  We couldn't cover there WRs down field, and they couldn't catch a cold!

We needed that win.  No doubt.  This team finnally realized it could play some ball on offense.  We let a team that had no offense for 4 weeks score 24 points.  Not bad if its Ohio St or Wisky, but that was Purdue.  We didn't play hard all game.  That team was folding from the start.  Purdue was just that much lowlier than we are.  Thank golly for that.  If we would start some games like we finished this one, it would be a pleasant surprise.  Michigan St and Iowa are alot better teams than most in the lower half of this conference.

You must have watched a different game or your bias interferes with your vision.

• Plus1 1

I think your the only one on this entire message board that I have seen refer to that game saying we played hard from start to finish.  We played hard when the light came on and we had a chance to win the game.  Not knocking that.  But we did  not come out ready to play and wasn't there until the midway point of the 4th quarter.  I bet Jeff Brohm is sick in his stomach.  They started running clock in the 2nd half when up 24-12.  We done nothing to that point to really say do otherwise.  Then they played prevent and allowed us to gain yardage and stop the clock.  Our defense can't stop anyone.  When the other teams are playing to win, we can't cover or tackle outside the box.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

I think your the only one on this entire message board that I have seen refer to that game saying we played hard from start to finish.  We played hard when the light came on and we had a chance to win the game.  Not knocking that.  But we did  not come out ready to play and wasn't there until the midway point of the 4th quarter.  I bet Jeff Brohm is sick in his stomach.  They started running clock in the 2nd half when up 24-12.  We done nothing to that point to really say do otherwise.  Then they played prevent and allowed us to gain yardage and stop the clock.  Our defense can't stop anyone.  When the other teams are playing to win, we can't cover or tackle outside the box.  

That’s because the message board has been overrun with negative whiners who know what we have but continue to cry and run down the team anyway.

Can’t you just root for the team and hope for a win like a real fan?

• Plus1 1

Were beyond just winning a few games.  Were ranked at #63 in the Power rankings.  Were one of a few Power 5 teams not even ranked in the top 40.  65 Power 5 teams.  

Were in the same end of this rankings as Kansas.  Hell, KSU is #36 in the same rankings they are 4-4.  They compete each week.  They have chances to win against Top 10 teams.    Its time to not be in this position any more.  Its time to work upwards into that Top 20 lines.  Its time get back into the Top 15 at some point.  We are not going to get there with this system or its components.

29 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That’s because the message board has been overrun with negative whiners who know what we have but continue to cry and run down the team anyway.

Can’t you just root for the team and hope for a win like a real fan?

You can root for the team and hope for a win and still have concerns and critisms.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

You can root for the team and hope for a win and still have concerns and critisms.

That’s true, and I don’t recognize you, but some people just rag on the team endlessly, like they’re experts at adding 2+2.

At some point you need to root for the team and let the administration do what they think is best.

Sabotaging your own team with constant negativity is not a good look.

I found it much more satisfying to root for a win.

• Plus1 1