Northwestern Opens as One Point Favorite

Mavric

6 minutes ago, brophog said:

In regulation against PSU, Iowa, and MSU they scored 7, 17, 17, respectively. Against Wisconsin, they averaged less than a yard a rush and were held to 244 total yards. This is just another terrible BIG TEN offense.

Was about to say the same thing, but they are in the top half of the conference in scoring and total offense.  Maybe those figures are skewed a bit because of the OT games.  It also shows how terrible Big Ten offenses have been this year.

I'm interested to see how Northwestern defense goes against NU's offense.  I fully expect NW to not worry too much about our run game, and mix up zone coverages to try and confuse Lee.  Tanner had a few balls that were close to being picked against Purdue, and if NW is playing more coverage this week, they may get a couple picks this week.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Was about to say the same thing, but they are in the top half of the conference in scoring and total offense.  Maybe those figures are skewed a bit because of the OT games.  It also shows how terrible Big Ten offenses have been this year.

Skewed is putting it mildly. They're 102nd nationally in yards per play.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm interested to see how Northwestern defense goes against NU's offense.  I fully expect NW to not worry too much about our run game, and mix up zone coverages to try and confuse Lee.  Tanner had a few balls that were close to being picked against Purdue, and if NW is playing more coverage this week, they may get a couple picks this week.

NW played a lot of man coverage against MSU last week.

34 minutes ago, brophog said:

In regulation against PSU, Iowa, and MSU they scored 7, 17, 17, respectively. Against Wisconsin, they averaged less than a yard a rush and were held to 244 total yards. This is just another terrible BIG TEN offense.

No comment, I misunderstood your post.

Edited by Hayseed
14 minutes ago, brophog said:

Skewed is putting it mildly. They're 102nd nationally in yards per play.

Thanks for that stat.

6 minutes ago, brophog said:

NW played a lot of man coverage against MSU last week.

And they allowed over 400+ yards passing to MSU.  Maybe they will realize it's not the best thing to do with their secondary.

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lee is probably due and it would make sense to recycle an old way to disappoint. Let's hope they aren't pick 6.

My first instinct was to take the overs at 52, it looks like it's bumped up to 54.5 which I don't love.  Neither team runs with a great deal of tempo and Nebraska struggles mightily in the red zone.  I'm going to hope the line continues to rise and hit the under.  56 seems unlikely but I'll certainly take 55.5.  Obviously with Nebraska most likely throwing the ball all around the yard that opens you up for turnovers and possible short fields but that's the risk you take.  As for a side if you gave me Nebraska +3 I'd probably take it at the current +2 offering I'm not really interested.

Edited by Xmas32
11 hours ago, brophog said:

We have two quality offenses in OSU and PSU, that's it.  Wiscy is solid but nothing special. The rest are unimpressive.