Gary Patterson

jessica0

10 minutes ago, unlfan said:

2 losing seasons in first 3 years after being handed a 9 win program.

Defend MR and ridicule fans who want him gone all you want, but it defies logic at this point.

I'm not defending Mike Riley and I'm not ridiculing anyone.

The fact is people wanted TO fired for going 9-2.  People wanted Solich fired for going 7-7.  People wanted Callahan, Pelini, and now Riley fired.

I don't see how this fan base would be okay with Gary Patterson havong a losing season in year 5.  

I personally could handle it.  But a lot couldn't.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:29 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

NU fans haven't always been "respected" as you think.  NU fans have chanted "Sal is dead, Go Big Red!" at CU.  NU fans have thrown frozen oranges on the field against Oklahoma (a number of times).  Nebraska fans HATED Oklahoma in the 70s and 80s.  It didn't become a "respected rivalry" until NU started winning regularly in the 90s, and OU sucked during that decade.  NU fans have mainly started talking up how "respected we are" because NU isn't winning at the same clip we were in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.  NU fans can't boast about a winning program, so NU fans start to boast about "intangible things".  It's very similar how people like to boast about Mike Riley's intangibles, when his team struggles in the wins and losses department.

17 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Guess NU fans aren't up to your level and NU teams have had many rough spots starting as far back as the 70's  - bummer for you..... i guess cheering for Colorado is always an option.

17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

How the heck did you get that out of my post. Geez. 

So let's try this again - First off my post in the middle there is WEAK at best.....Here is what i should have said:

I don't think NU fan's have ever not been "respected" we have always had solid fan's.  Yes there were times that we have said things in the stands that weren't ideal, however for every one of those there are many examples of us cheering either the entire opponent or one of their players for an outstanding performance. 

Yes we hated all the times that OU ruined our trip to the orange bowl however we did the same to them and many of those were during the 70's and 80's before OU sucked as NU does now....  I believe most fan's if asked in 1989 would disagree with what you stated prior to the 90's.

I wouldn't say that NU fans have started talking more about how "good" we are as fan's they are just talking less about how good the results on the field are so the portion seems to be tilted to one side. 

About MR, I have been very outspoken being on his side until the past 2 weeks (i now feel it is time to move on)  but this piling on MR when he is down is silly - we are NU fans and he is our guy until he is no longer.  It's funny how in Dallas they talk about the fair weather fans that disappear win the teams are doing  bad.  I would rather see that then this dog piling after the whistle that is currently going on around NU football.

8 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

People seem to forget that fans were saying the same thing about Pelini as they are saying about Frost. He gets Nebraska and we need a Nebraska guy here. Hes the next big thing. I hope Osborne doesnt screw this up and hires Pelini. 90%+ of fans wanted Pelini. Most

likely you were one of those people. Now that he failed, the narrative is different when successful coaches come out and say they interviewed for Nebraska. 

If Frost is hired and fails, it will be the same thing. We had a chance to hire Chip Kelly and we passed on him for SF? Wtf! Fire and pitchforks!

Hey now don't lump us all in that category. I still think pelini was a good hire. He just peaked but he brought us up a level from Callahan. If Frost is hired and doesn't work out, I'm fine with that too. I'd be more upset to see one of our own get away and have great success than to wiff...

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

When or howlong before we stop blaming Texas for us being piss poor?  That was one game.  Tired of always thinking we got so screwed by that game.  Will it ever be worth us becoming a B1G doormat?  Thats what happened because we couldn't beat Texas.  Deal.  Its time too.  

Failing to beat Texas on the football field wasn't the issue...it was losing off the field

4 hours ago, irafreak said:

Hey now don't lump us all in that category. I still think pelini was a good hire. He just peaked but he brought us up a level from Callahan. If Frost is hired and doesn't work out, I'm fine with that too. I'd be more upset to see one of our own get away and have great success than to wiff...

Failing to beat Texas on the football field wasn't the issue...it was losing off the field

Until we start winning and beating anybody, were going to be losing on and off the field.  If we lose our Friday Thanksgiving Day game, were losing off the field in this conference as well.  The only way that doesn't happen, is we start winning some games that matter.  Really no different than it was in the Big 12.