Gary Patterson

jessica0

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

NU fans haven't always been "respected" as you think.  NU fans have chanted "Sal is dead, Go Big Red!" at CU.  NU fans have thrown frozen oranges on the field against Oklahoma (a number of times).  Nebraska fans HATED Oklahoma in the 70s and 80s.  It didn't become a "respected rivalry" until NU started winning regularly in the 90s, and OU sucked during that decade.  NU fans have mainly started talking up how "respected we are" because NU isn't winning at the same clip we were in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.  NU fans can't boast about a winning program, so NU fans start to boast about "intangible things".  It's very similar how people like to boast about Mike Riley's intangibles, when his team struggles in the wins and losses department.

Guess NU fans aren't up to your level and NU teams have had many rough spots starting as far back as the 70's  - bummer for you..... i guess cheering for Colorado is always an option.

Say what you want about Bob D, T O, Solich. We never had a losing season under any of them. I am grateful for what they all brought to the table for us. The school and program always came first, with them.

Let's hope if Frost is our next coach, he starts another 40 yr run of excellence.

GBR!!!

8 hours ago, unlfan said:

A little context is needed here. He won the conference his 3rd year, first losing season was year 4. He then went on to win conference another 4 times or so with a BCS bowl win. Second losing season came in year 13, 2 years after a conference jump.

The expectations are high around here, but no coach with those results would ever be fired. This is in no way comparable to pathetic Mike’s 2 losing seasons in first 3 years.

The context is he had a losing season in year 2 of going to the Big 12.  Which some would find understandable with jumping to a bigger conference.

But he had a losing season in year 5 after to good seasons in year 3 and 4.

We have people clamoring on this board for a coach to get fired because he might have a losing season in year 3.

People seem to forget that fans were saying the same thing about Pelini as they are saying about Frost. He gets Nebraska and we need a Nebraska guy here. Hes the next big thing. I hope Osborne doesnt screw this up and hires Pelini. 90%+ of fans wanted Pelini. Most

likely you were one of those people. Now that he failed, the narrative is different when successful coaches come out and say they interviewed for Nebraska. 

If Frost is hired and fails, it will be the same thing. We had a chance to hire Chip Kelly and we passed on him for SF? Wtf! Fire and pitchforks!

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 1
Just now, Rike Miley said:

People seem to forget that fans were saying the same thing about Pelini as they were saying about Frost. He gets Nebraska and we need a Nebraska guy here. Hes the next big thing. I hope Osborne doesnt screw this up and hires Pelini. 90%+ of fans wanted Pelini. Most

likely you were one of those people. Now that he failed, the narrative is different when successful coaches come out and say they interviewed for Nebraska. 

If Frost is hired and fails, it will be the same thing. We had a chance to hire Chip Kelly and wd passed on him for SF? Wtf! Fire and pitchforks!

Yep!  100% agree.  Most if not all the fans wanted Bo or at the very least were okay with Bo.

I also would rather have Kelly than Frost but really it is super close for me.