What did we learn?....Minnesota

3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

learned that we have some good players on this team that deserve a REAL coach not a coach who has no winning bone in his entire body. SPEILMAN, POB, LINDSEY, HOPPES, MORGAN JR, are all excellent players who have not had the benefit of being coached right. 

I am willing to bet good money that if our team was coached by SABAN, we would be in the hunt right now. Our players talent is wasted on a guy who has retired three years ago.

Come on. Seriously? Like I said a bit ago- NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE. This was the case long before Mike Riley showed up. Some one said it back earlier in this thread- gone are 4 previous Head coaches. Yet TO was here with loosing season after loosing season- Or have you forgotten those years? We used to say " Osbourne cant win a bowl game"

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Coaching is as much about inspiring players to give their all on the field as it is about Xs and Os. Unfortunately, we have neither. 

“Look, I’ve been watching the game films since I took the job.  And I can tell you guys that the reason you’ve been losing is not because of your attitude, or your psyche, or any of that stuff. The problem is you’re just not good enough. You know, you can’t run fast enough, you can’t jump high enough, you’re not quick enough. You’re techniques are just abysmal.  I’m probably going to have to get rid of most of you...and we’re going to move on.” - credited to Chuck Noll

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

I went to Roger Waters The Wall 4 or 5 years ago at the Pepsi Center. It was amazing.

Sadly him and Gilmoure couldn't get along anymore...That sucks because for being that type of band they had some great songs.  I love Rush too, which is a bit goofy in as well but they get along much better.

4 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Coaching is as much about inspiring players to give their all on the field as it is about Xs and Os. Unfortunately, we have neither. 

coaching is about preparing.  coaching is about teaching and communicating.  Coaching is not about a rah rah speeches on gameday.  You play like you practice.  If player's have to be constantly inspired to play on gameday then you have the wrong coach or the wrong players.  This isn't a tv show.  

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

coaching is about preparing.  coaching is about teaching and communicating.  Coaching is not about a rah rah speeches on gameday.  You play like you practice.  If player's have to be constantly inspired to play on gameday then you have the wrong coach or the wrong players.  This isn't a tv show.  

I you actually read my post and understood it, I said that it is about both and we have neither. I never said that it is just about speeches. Inspiring players has many forms and is not just about speeches. Now, can you honestly tell me that Saban does not inspire his team by his speeches? Not to mention that he is always well prepared.

3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Bring Jim Leonhard, defensive coordinator for Wisconsin to Nebraska. Open the check book and pay him more than what Wisconsin is paying him and bring Scott Frost. Two young guys that can really shape the team and have a future. Stop bringing mummies that want to retire.

No.  No more Wisconsin hand me downs.  That’s how we got in this mess to begin with.