The Democrat Utopia

22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Wait, you just got done saying the illegals were treated good; then say Ron DeSantis is bad for getting those folks up to the place you said was treating them good,  wouldn’t that make it a good thing DeSantis did then? 

You are right, it’s not a good policy point, it’s a great policy point. 

I’m interested in hearing your interpretation of the Good Samaritan story…

Because I’m guessing it will be pretty entertaining!

On 9/16/2022 at 1:21 PM, NebraskaHarry said:

Failed Biden border policies? Can anyone even make this into a 30 second argument as to why this statement is correct? Or is it just another Republican talking point in hope to make the other side look bad to mask the complete disaster ghat was Trump's border wall.

To find out I would ignore the media and politicians and talk to people that live near the border or maybe the border agents. Unfortunately the only people I know that live near the border are in Peidras Negras and I haven't talked to them in a long time. I guess I know some people who live south of Tuscan, that are very livid about the border situation, but they are pretty far right, so I need to filter what I hear.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

@Archy1221

bump….still curious

:lol:

“There once was a Governor of a Southern State that was at odds with a mush brained President in regards to how to handle the Border of their country.    Mush Brain didn’t care much at all about the border towns and border states, though the story goes he probably didn’t understand much of anything at that point in his life, or the care about what was happening to millions of illegal crossers once they arrived in the good old USofA.   He didn’t strategize much after seeing tent cities under overpasses, or 50 people die in a truck driven by coyotes.    Nor did he seem to care about the billions being made by criminal Mexican organizations smuggling people over the border.  
The Governor decided that he would help out 50 or so of these illegal aliens and pay for their travel to one of the nicest and wealthiest enclaves in the US that describes itself as a sanctuary city that welcomes illegals and  where they would be fed and nurtured by its Residents for 1 1/2 whole days before getting kicked off the island.  The Good Samaritan Governors good dead was overcome by callous nature of the wealthy Liberal elites not wanting to have those illegals on their island for an extended period of time.   

The story has been told for generations upon generations, even reaching a message board Husker fans.”

Or it goes something like that anyways.

(Satire for those that don’t know) 

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, nic said:

To find out I would ignore the media and politicians and talk to people that live near the border or maybe the border agents. Unfortunately the only people I know that live near the border are in Peidras Negras and I haven't talked to them in a long time. I guess I know some people who live south of Tuscan, that are very livid about the border situation, but they are pretty far right, so I need to filter what I hear.

I couple stories from the current border situation. Of course the writer had to take a few bias pot shots instead of of just reporting the peoples comments on the situation. I think it will be telling how these border counties vote in 2022.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-border-town-business-owner-sells-family-bbq-restaurant-multiple-migrant-break-ins

The BBC graphs seem fair.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61989673

44 minutes ago, nic said:

I couple stories from the current border situation. Of course the writer had to take a few bias pot shots instead of of just reporting the peoples comments on the situation. I think it will be telling how these border counties vote in 2022.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-border-town-business-owner-sells-family-bbq-restaurant-multiple-migrant-break-ins

The BBC graphs seem fair.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61989673

That is a stunning article by the BBC.  Really shows how awful Biden has been. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

The "American" interpretation, or the way most other people around the world understand the story?

I am just teasing you, so don't take offense, but now you have me curious about how the rest of the world interprets the parable vs American churches whose interpretations also vary. Are you talking eastern orthodox, Anglican, Christian churches elsewhere. Maybe this is a response for another thread.

12 minutes ago, nic said:

I am just teasing you, so don't take offense, but now you have me curious about how the rest of the world interprets the parable vs American churches whose interpretations also vary. Are you talking eastern orthodox, Anglican, Christian churches elsewhere. Maybe this is a response for another thread.

A lot of churches overseas, especially African nations like Tanzania, see the son as a victim of the evils of the world. He was rejected by everyone around him and/or exploited because of his position in life.   And his father is the only salvation he can count on.

It's isn't really a story about a man squandering his wealth irresponsibly only to humbly come back to his generous and gracious father.