The Democrat Utopia

10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

My favorite message from conservatives - while they deny election results - is their attempts to say that Democrats did it too. 

Like Hillary Clinton is out here demanding loyalty to her and part of that loyalty test is stating that the election was rigged. 

It's hilarious. 

The funny thing with your statement is you never said that they didn’t deny elections were legitimate. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The funny thing with your statement is you never said that they didn’t deny elections were legitimate. 

I think my comment about Conservatives making that claim did it for me. 

If you think a large portion of the Democratic electorate thought the election was rigged I have a sunny condo in Alaska to sell you. In no way was that common, it did not become a prerequisite to get elected, and nobody had to debase themselves to appeal to the loser of the election.

But hey, I get it. You support a political party where democracy is the enemy, you gotta rationalize that support somehow. But hey - being a good steward of Democracy, I'm sure you support a President to be chosen via the popular vote, yes?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And those who objected to certify the EC like Jamie Raskin, etc…

Did they incite a mob on the same day, make it a huge part of their 2020 election campaigns, make lies about election fraud baselessly undermining elections, engage in a plot to use fake state electors - a plot involving multiple Senators, the wife of a SCOTUS Justice and others - or did they hire a company like Cyber Ninjas to review ballots using poor techniques (because they didn't know what they were doing) while simultaneously finding that Joe Biden actually gained votes while ruining the voting machines in that state? 

Democrats are just as bad so I'm sure you have equivalent examples. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If you think a large portion of the Democratic electorate thought the election was rigged I have a sunny condo in Alaska to sell you

Depends on the value and price, I might be interested.    I can post video after video of Dem leaders calling Trump an illegitimate President, that Russia helped steal the election for Trump, etc…

23 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

But hey - being a good steward of Democracy, I'm sure you support a President to be chosen via the popular vote, yes?

No, nor should anyone else.   If you want that type of election set up, there are many countries you can move to.  

• Fire 1
53 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Did they incite a mob on the same day, make it a huge part of their 2020 election campaigns, make lies about election fraud baselessly undermining elections, engage in a plot to use fake state electors - a plot involving multiple Senators, the wife of a SCOTUS Justice and others - or did they hire a company like Cyber Ninjas to review ballots using poor techniques (because they didn't know what they were doing) while simultaneously finding that Joe Biden actually gained votes while ruining the voting machines in that state? 

Democrats are just as bad so I'm sure you have equivalent examples. 

Ahhh, so now we move the goalposts it seems.  I thought we were talking about each side having those that were election deniers.  

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ahhh, so now we move the goalposts it seems.  I thought we were talking about each side having those that were election deniers.  

We are. My post pointed to the absurdity that both sides are even remotely the same here. One side is not equivalent to the other, unless you're looking at it through MAGAvision.

But hey, I say your side should keep it up. Election denial cost them 2 runoff elections in Georgia - thanks for the Senate by the way - and they're currently squandering monumental systemic electoral advantages in both the House and Senate.

You guys have a 4.5% advantage in the Electoral College, you control gerrymandering across the majority of House Districs, and you have huge advantages in the Senate and your hack judges dominate the Judiciary and because of MAGA, you're still losing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

But hey, I say your side should keep it up. Electional denial cost them 2 runoff elections in Georgia - thanks for the Senate by the way - and they're currently squandering monumental systemic electoral advantages in both the House and Senate

I absolutely agree with this 

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Cali residents asked to turn the AC to 78 and not use appliances.  Hahaha

If that was Texas, this place site would crash with all the posts.

One thing about climate change, that I don't think gets enough play is our water use. With irrigation, we deplete the ground water, so there is less water available for future irrigation, rain that falls sinks lower into ground making it less available for plants, lowland areas are tiled, directing more of our ground water into streams and tributaries and away from our cropland in the name of a few more bushels during wet years, also directing rainfall back into streams and tributaries. Then we wonder why the Platte runs dry every summer and laugh at California for not having enough. 

I have not yet seen a study that analyzes the impact of bringing stored water to the surface and releasing it into the atmosphere. - From NASA - "Water vapor is Earth's most abundant greenhouse gas. It's responsible for about half of Earth's greenhouse effect — the process that occurs when gases in Earth's atmosphere trap the Sun's heat.Feb 8, 2022"

We all know about carbon emissions, but thanks to irrigation and tiling trillions and trillions of gallons of water have been brought to the surface and added to the water cycle. Ground water isn't replenishing, so all of that water continues to be held in the atmosphere. The increase of carbon emissions also coincides with the rise of industrialized farming, and advanced irrigation practices. Correlation is not causation, but I would be very curious to see an analysis of the impact of water vapor in the atmosphere and its increase/ decrease in the last 120 years, similar to what's been done with carbon.

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

One thing about climate change, that I don't think gets enough play is our water use. With irrigation, we deplete the ground water, so there is less water available for future irrigation, rain that falls sinks lower into ground making it less available for plants, lowland areas are tiled, directing more of our ground water into streams and tributaries and away from our cropland in the name of a few more bushels during wet years, also directing rainfall back into streams and tributaries. Then we wonder why the Platte runs dry every summer and laugh at California for not having enough. 

I have not yet seen a study that analyzes the impact of bringing stored water to the surface and releasing it into the atmosphere. - From NASA - "Water vapor is Earth's most abundant greenhouse gas. It's responsible for about half of Earth's greenhouse effect — the process that occurs when gases in Earth's atmosphere trap the Sun's heat.Feb 8, 2022"

We all know about carbon emissions, but thanks to irrigation and tiling trillions and trillions of gallons of water have been brought to the surface and added to the water cycle. Ground water isn't replenishing, so all of that water continues to be held in the atmosphere. The increase of carbon emissions also coincides with the rise of industrialized farming, and advanced irrigation practices. Correlation is not causation, but I would be very curious to see an analysis of the impact of water vapor in the atmosphere and its increase/ decrease in the last 120 years, similar to what's been done with carbon.

I can remember there would be days you could not water your lawn, to save water...

In Cali there are going to be days you can/can't use your electricity!  

• Plus1 1