POB

POB has a big windup for a delivery which takes a fraction of a second longer than someone like Lee-enough time to make a difference in getting the ball off or throwing a mortar into the air

other than that I like that he'll take off and run when the opportunity presents itself

Edited by Whistlepig

26 minutes ago, Toe said:

Even if his arm's not as good as Lee's, if he'd been the starter and just threw fewer picks than Lee, we might've had a rather different season...

At this point why would have that been good? these coaches need to go- so are you suggesting that we maybe win one or two more games IF POB was QB and that'd be enough to "keep" MR and his goofy staff?., whats the point? if people do not see that nothing you could do, short of getting rid of MR, will ever make MR a winner at Nebraska, then you're either a relative of his or a fan of one of our BIG rival teams- this was going to happen even if he had Joe Willie Namath in his prime as the QB and it was only a matter of time before it did- Me? better sooner than later. But I saw it for what it was when they hired him.

Edited by Whistlepig

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Gebbia, POB, or Lee none are going to start at QB next year if we get Frost.  Those guys are not dual threat.  We have never even seen Gebbia yet, but so many are quick to declare him a cant miss player.  I don't think so, no so fast!

Any of those guys could run the Frost offense and I bet Frost would make them all look great. Probably POB and Gebbia would be better because they have better mobility but I think all 3 have a capable skill set for Frost to work around. Just because the product is bad and you think the coaches suck doesn't mean the players they brought in are going to be trash. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Any of those guys could run the Frost offense and I bet Frost would make them all look great. Probably POB and Gebbia would be better because they have better mobility but I think all 3 have a capable skill set for Frost to work around. Just because the product is bad and you think the coaches suck doesn't mean the players they brought in are going to be trash. 

you're right, a good coach doesn't have to wait over a year to design around the players skills-sort of like ML and Langsdorf did with TA- the first year they forced him into a Pro-pocket passer-WRONG! a good coach would have adjusted his scheme to fit the athletes he has-back when we had real coaches we also used to convert players to positions all the time-RB to LBs, QB's to safeties etc.

IF THEY STAY- and IF WE GET SF, big if's 2 out of the three could be plugged into SF's scheme system- they could maybe work around LEE a bit if need be.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If he's lucky, Tanner is holding a clipboard in the NFL next season.  Lee isn't sticking around for a new coach.

I don't see him in the NFL period at this point.

33 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Gebbia, POB, or Lee none are going to start at QB next year if we get Frost.  Those guys are not dual threat.  We have never even seen Gebbia yet, but so many are quick to declare him a cant miss player.  I don't think so, no so fast!

K, who then?

Edited by Redux
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t disagree with you, but Lee’s dad thinks he’s a sure fire NFL QB. Unless he bolts to another team as a grad transfer, Lee is gonna give the NFL a shot after Riley is canned. 

As he should IF there is an open door somewhere.  Otherwise, backup QB isn't so bad.

46 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

At this point why would have that been good? these coaches need to go- so are you suggesting that we maybe win one or two more games IF POB was QB and that'd be enough to "keep" MR and his goofy staff?., whats the point?

:facepalm: Yeah, no. Not what I said at all.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Toe said:

Even if his arm's not as good as Lee's, if he'd been the starter and just threw fewer picks than Lee, we might've had a rather different season...

Quite possible, but when you promise playing time (L Jackson, Tanner Lee to him and his dad, Lindsay) you get results like this.  BC did the same thing and he lost his job for it.  Might have been different if he would have started Ganz.  After multiple players were telling the media that Ganz was killing Keller in practice.