Blow Your Mind...or not.

The only thing mind blowing about this is the long full list of losers we've had for coordinators and head coaches. From the day Callahan was hired to the present I bet you couldn't even come close to finding another school with anywhere near the list of waste of space coaches we've acquired in a similar time span. That's mind blowing. It's no wonder we are where we are today.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair, Frost had just spent 1 year as a WR coach at Oregon.  I don't think he was anywhere near ready to be a full-time OC.

I thought Beck was a decent OC.  Was he great?  Obviously not.  But, his offenses were very good at times.

????   beck was good at times..???  good thing Oregon had the foresight to see scott frost was ready for OC...   SMFH!!!

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair, Frost had just spent 1 year as a WR coach at Oregon.  I don't think he was anywhere near ready to be a full-time OC.

I thought Beck was a decent OC.  Was he great?  Obviously not.  But, his offenses were very good at times.

Tim Beck offenses were really good at clubbing the baby seals of the conference and non conference games. But the moment we came up against a decent defense, Minnesota, Michigan state, Ohio state, and Wisconsin. 

The offense would go 3 and out in record time thanks to his no huddle Yolo bomb game plan. 

His offenses had no identity. And in big games you have to have an identity to have a chance to win. 

And that's part of the reason we lost in blow out fashion. The other was Bo and his front 7 mis alignments.

I don't know why people have a positive opinion of his work. Everywhere he has gone since us their offenses have been mediocre at best (Texas) or regressed significantly to the point they got shut out (OSU in the playoffs by clemson). 

Good riddance.

35 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Tim Beck offenses were really good at clubbing the baby seals of the conference and non conference games. But the moment we came up against a decent defense, Minnesota, Michigan state, Ohio state, and Wisconsin. 

The offense would go 3 and out in record time thanks to his no huddle Yolo bomb game plan. 

His offenses had no identity. And in big games you have to have an identity to have a chance to win. 

And that's part of the reason we lost in blow out fashion. The other was Bo and his front 7 mis alignments.

I don't know why people have a positive opinion of his work. Everywhere he has gone since us their offenses have been mediocre at best (Texas) or regressed significantly to the point they got shut out (OSU in the playoffs by clemson). 

Good riddance.

It's funny how Riley's offense conjures up fond memories of Beck.  I remember playing at MSU and their defense was playing aggressive as they often do. Beck had no answer until toward the end of the game when MSU went conservative a little too soon. We almost came back and won the game but it was heading to blowout territory earlier.

It will be interesting to watch Beck work his magic at UT.

48 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It's funny how Riley's offense conjures up fond memories of Beck.  I remember playing at MSU and their defense was playing aggressive as they often do. Beck had no answer until toward the end of the game when MSU went conservative a little too soon. We almost came back and won the game but it was heading to blowout territory earlier.

It will be interesting to watch Beck work his magic at UT.

Yea. I wonder if he gets the warm send off Urban gave him at OSU or if he actually gets straight fired from UT.

21 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Yea. I wonder if he gets the warm send off Urban gave him at OSU or if he actually gets straight fired from UT.

The plan is for him to do well enough not to get fired but not good enough for Herman to keep his job. The next coach will bring in Langsdorf. It's an intricate plan yet deviously simple.