***********UCF vs. Memphis Gameday Thread**************

24 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

Can't stop the run. 

Tackling that makes tackling by a Diaco defense look proficient. 

Lack of discipline in the redzone and where was the immediate accountability from the sideline?  He stayed in the game after the penalty. 

22 pass attempts to only 12 rushing attempts first half.   Norvell on the other hand has ran the ball 27 times and only passed 15.

I like to find positives, but SF hasn't even been named HC yet and the honeymoon is already looking to be over if the second half goes like the first.

Not a lot of teams have figured out how to stop Norvell or Frost this year.....

• Plus1 1

Memphis is the #2 scoring offense in the country.

Memphis averages 40+ points a game and has put up 50+ 4 times and scored 70 twice.

Only one team has held Memphis under 30 points this entire season. That team was this UCF team, whom beat Memphis 40-13 about a month ago. 

This is a rematch game against a team they blew out earlier in the year and their coach is leaving after the game.

The fact that this doesn't look like the 2012 B10 title game is actually impressive in a way.

We will find out if he's good or not but this game is hardly a good litmus test.
  • Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, Blackshirt316 said:
Memphis is the #2 scoring offense in the country.

Memphis averages 40+ points a game and has put up 50+ 4 times and scored 70 twice.

Only one team has held Memphis under 30 points this entire season. That team was this UCF team, whom beat Memphis 40-13 about a month ago. 

This is a rematch game against a team they blew out earlier in the year and their coach is leaving after the game.

The fact that this doesn't look like the 2012 B10 title game is actually impressive in a way.

We will find out if he's good or not but this game is hardly a good litmus test.

Throw in Memphis had 26 take aways prior to this game......

1 minute ago, BartonHusker said:

45-34 UCF

This offense has me feeling so tingly! 

I know. I was kinda worried before I watched this team play that a lot of their success was due to lucking into an under the radar Marcus Mariota or Eric Crouch clone that is hard to consistamtly get...

I've watched a couple games now, The kid Frost has at QB is basically Joe Ganz 2.0. We can work with that.