***********UCF vs. Memphis Gameday Thread**************

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So they're doing roughly as good of a job stopping the #5 offense in the country as we did stopping the #123 offense in the country and doing it with less talent.

I'd say that's progress.

There is no progress in not making tackles. No coach will be happy with this performance, regardless of opponent.

Relieved to win an important game, yes, but not happy.

15 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Been watching this entire game.  

The UCF QB is special.  Really makes the whole thing work.  

UCF receivers come down with the ball like everytime.  Really can out jump and make catches.  No drops.  Impressed.  

OL does a good job of pass pro.  

Their offensive personnel works very well together.  

The defense does not seem as well put together and looks like a team where they built the offense into a juggernaut and are plugging holes on defense.  

The UCF QB isn't bad for the 315th ranked qb coming out of high school! The fact that Frost made the connection at a camp in Oregon, identified his talent, and signed him gives me hope for the future for NU...at least on offense. 

Its highly ranked offenses based on sorry strength of schedule by both schools.  They play nobody and its the reason they'll never make it to the big dance.

I'm sorry but its one of the most pathetic displays of defense by both schools.  Roll out junk bombs tossed up.  Zero DB's looking back for the ball.  

I love all the excitement and hype for Frost!!!  I'm also excited, but this isn't big time Football.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Its highly ranked offenses based on sorry strength of schedule by both schools.  They play nobody and its the reason they'll never make it to the big dance.

I'm sorry but its one of the most pathetic displays of defense by both schools.  Roll out junk bombs tossed up.  Zero DB's looking back for the ball.  

I love all the excitement and hype for Frost!!!  I'm also excited, but this isn't big time Football.

I think Frost will be a culture change on all sides of the ball, but he needs to recognize that at both Oregon and UCF the defensive approach is not on PAR with some of the best defenses in the country.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

No it isn't.  I'm cringing though, regarding UCF's defense.  Wow.  They are not very good.  Poor tackling!  La!  That's all we need!  We are so poor in the tackling department.  I was telling another person on the Scott Megathread that maybe Scott will have Chinander sit at the feet of Charlie McBride (Wouldn't Charlie just love to consult!  He would get such a kick out of that!) to learn what a Blackshirt is and how to defend like a Blackshirt.  I know-but a girl can dream-right? :)

4 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Sounds like the big 12 haha.