11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Two part response:

1. No one owns any playbook. 

2. I betcha there is more than one copy.

Secret third response:

3. If they try to run something other than what they have been because of new dudes coaching and telling Frost and Co. to bug off, it will be ugly. I don't want that to happen. I love the little guys sticking it to the big guys, besides Big Red of course. 

Sources: 

1&2 - Have physically seen multiple copies of the same documents before.

3. Used to live in Boise during their run.

Yea, I didn't actually think of a playbook as a physcial thing- of course there are many copies, but more of a staff specific philosophy.  I imagine that actual plays evolve in regards to the opponet and particularly when facing a strong team like Auburn.  I feel for UCF but I don't really understand the issue.  I was sure that Frost was going to coach so I kind of tuned out for a few days.  Is this a frost issue or a UCF issue, or do we not really know?

17 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Yea, I didn't actually think of a playbook as a physcial thing- of course there are many copies, but more of a staff specific philosophy.  I imagine that actual plays evolve in regards to the opponet and particularly when facing a strong team like Auburn.  I feel for UCF but I don't really understand the issue.  I was sure that Frost was going to coach so I kind of tuned out for a few days.  Is this a frost issue or a UCF issue, or do we not really know?

I was just being pedantic about the playbook, I get in rare moods sometimes :)

It is a UCF/Josh Huepel/Danny White issue it seems.  Frost was trying to do right by the kids and help them to continue to prepare but things like this can be messy and a distraction.  With the way it has turned out, every single UCF coach getting hired here, UCF is feeling abandoned and isn't sure how they want to proceed.  Should the new coaches coach the bowl/should the old. No one seems to have made a firm decision yet.

I hope they let the old coaches coach so that the team has the best chance of beating Auburn but it is up to UCF.

This almost has to be what Frost feared the most.  So the rumor that Frost wants more pay for his assistants is untrue? I hope Frost gets to finish this dream season for the players and he is their best shot but I can see where it's a  bit sticky from a recruiting angle.  It's kind of like a divorce, everyone should act in the best interest of the children.

UCF needs to realize that their 2017 legacy will only be remembered by their record.  They need to do whatever puts them in the best position to go 13-0.  

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I was just being pedantic about the playbook, I get in rare moods sometimes :)

It is a UCF/Josh Huepel/Danny White issue it seems.  Frost was trying to do right by the kids and help them to continue to prepare but things like this can be messy and a distraction.  With the way it has turned out, every single UCF coach getting hired here, UCF is feeling abandoned and isn't sure how they want to proceed.  Should the new coaches coach the bowl/should the old. No one seems to have made a firm decision yet.

I hope they let the old coaches coach so that the team has the best chance of beating Auburn but it is up to UCF.

Has it ever happened before where a newly hired coaching staff coached in a bowl game?  I dont see how that would work at all, and have never seen it myself. 

On 12/5/2017 at 6:25 PM, lo country said:

Cheer for UCF.  I just wouldn't do it in Husker gear.  Many of their fans, per their board, are not fans of us right now.  May negative comments about Frost and Co leaving and recruiting "their" players.  Some even saying the D was so bad the past 2 games as Chinander knew he was leaving and "not coaching".......

Have a buddy who is UCF alum, said he was pi$$ed at first and then calmed down.  I tried to explain what NU football is to Nebraska and Nebraskan's...Told him unless you've lived there or are a fan, it's hard to explain and more difficult to understand....

A handful of obnoxious Husker fans have been trolling them for weeks...telling them they suck, they’re a crappy program, we were goingto to steal their coach(es) and all their recruits, etc. so I’m not surprised the UCF fans are riled up. For being the classiest and nicest fans in the game, we sure have a few a-holes as well. And they’re making the rest of us look bad.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, tfree32 said:

A handful of obnoxious Husker fans have been trolling them for weeks...telling them they suck, they’re a crappy program, we were goingto to steal their coach(es) and all their recruits, etc. so I’m not surprised the UCF fans are riled up. For being the classiest and nicest fans in the game, we sure have a few a-holes as well. And they’re making the rest of us look bad.

I agree with this. I've enjoyed HB b/c of how classy and nice the fans are. It's rare to find fans that actually want to discuss and reasonably respond and admit when they are wrong. Most just want to see who can troll for the most responses. 

But the UCF Rivals board is not the cream of the crop for UCF fans. They were pretty easy to rile up before the coaching stuff, so add a bunch of "Husker fans" trolling and it's like a board full of cornered animals, even to the fans that come in peace.

Honestly, the "Husker fans" that have been on there are (for the most part) so different than the Husker fans on here that I wouldn't be surprised if at least half were fans of other schools trying to make y'all look bad and/or trying to rile up the UCF fans.

Do Iowa fans care that much about y'all? I wouldn't be shocked if a few were USF fans. None of them are displaying a wealth of knowledge about Nebraska. 

• Plus1 7
17 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Do Iowa fans care that much about y'all? I wouldn't be shocked if a few were USF fans. None of them are displaying a wealth of knowledge about Nebraska. 

Yeah— go over to any Iowa forum and there’s always some thread with negative stuff about “Nebbie”.  But here, we seldom talk about Iowa outside of game week.  They have threads about us throughout the year.

18 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I agree with this. I've enjoyed HB b/c of how classy and nice the fans are. It's rare to find fans that actually want to discuss and reasonably respond and admit when they are wrong. Most just want to see who can troll for the most responses. 

But the UCF Rivals board is not the cream of the crop for UCF fans. They were pretty easy to rile up before the coaching stuff, so add a bunch of "Husker fans" trolling and it's like a board full of cornered animals, even to the fans that come in peace.

Honestly, the "Husker fans" that have been on there are (for the most part) so different than the Husker fans on here that I wouldn't be surprised if at least half were fans of other schools trying to make y'all look bad and/or trying to rile up the UCF fans.

Huskerboard is very well moderated and they dont put up with the same BS crap that other forums do.  I'm guessing it's also a closer representation of what you'd actually find with Huskers in person than anything you may have seen on other forums.  Again - I really would love to see you make a Husker home game some day -- you'd see that we're really pretty decent folks -- not the asshats found on some other fan forums.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Huskerboard is very well moderated and they dont put up with the same BS crap that other forums do.  I'm guessing it's also a closer representation of what you'd actually find with Huskers in person than anything you may have seen on other forums.  Again - I really would love to see you make a Husker home game some day -- you'd see that we're really pretty decent folks -- not the asshats found on some other fan forums.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out to Lincoln anytime soon, it's a bit of a trip from where I live. But I believe you that HB is close to what I would find, it feels like when fans of the home team offer you a beer, but a lot more welcoming.

HB does have it's share of overly defensive and insecure fans, but I'm of the opinion that communicating on the internet brings out the worst in people. If this is the worst of Nebraska, I can see why people can't wait to return to Nebraska when they leave. 

• Plus1 3