Early Signing Day - December 20th, 2017

Mavric

14 hours ago, neepster said:

The Adrian Martinez get is pretty impressive considering the kid was offered by basically every major program and was the #4 QB in the country according to ESPN.

My only concern is that the scouting report on him is that he basically only plays from the shotgun and is not a dynamic runner.  Not sure how he fits into Frost's scheme given this.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?

find a new scouting report service

• Plus1 4

24 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

It's ok.  In three years we'll give him a contract extension with a pay raise and then fire him.  Then we can hire a real coach

Your crazy if you think SF will be anywhere but here in three years  -  got to believe he will be the one that makes up for the past 4 hires.....

Edited by GBRFAN

2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Your crazy if you think SF will be anywhere but here in three years  -  got to believe he will be the one that makes up for the past 4 hires.....

Love the optimism!!

but really we all know that he’ll be here until he decides he wants to be the AD

On 12/20/2017 at 10:35 PM, krc1995 said:

I agree-  but do we give the unfilled spots to walk-ons or do we get more schollys next year?  Or do you fill with Juco's?

Recruiting isn’t over yet, so we’ll find more players.

I’m okay with giving them to walkons, just don’t know if the rules allow a one year deal???

Or save them rather than give the appearance of favoring a walkon who hasn’t played yet.

• Plus1 1
On 12/20/2017 at 11:53 PM, neepster said:

The Adrian Martinez get is pretty impressive considering the kid was offered by basically every major program and was the #4 QB in the country according to ESPN.

My only concern is that the scouting report on him is that he basically only plays from the shotgun and is not a dynamic runner.  Not sure how he fits into Frost's scheme given this.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Well. If you spend maybe 30 minutes watching Scott's UCF teams on YouTube two things will stand out too you.

1. His entire offense is mostly run out of the shotgun. Scott's offense is a spread offense.

2. Milton is not a dynamic runner. Good, but not a world beater. Martinez fits that Milton mold, but better in some ways.

I'd be mildly surprised if any of our QBs line up under center next year unless near the goal line.

• Plus1 1