S&P reached a record high in January

9 hours ago, QMany said:

Bump. 

It's not f#&%ed yet, just not in great shape.

I think we're in deep doo doo, even if most wallstreet beets are saying it's not a big deal. I'm pretty pessimistic about conservative ideas and the economy though. Never cut taxes during a boom, unless you have zero debt...

• Plus1 2

• 5 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Solid bounce back to start the year. In fact, best start in 30 years. Lets hope the January effect plays out this year.

At least it has bounced back. :blink:

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/31/18205060/trump-dow-jones-tweets-25000

Though Trump has apparently already forgotten about it, 2018 was in fact the worst year for stocks since 2008 — the year the country sank into the Great Recession.

Trump posted a tweet on Wednesday noting that “Dow just broke 25,000,” and called that development “tremendous news!”

Dow just broke 25,000. Tremendous news!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 30, 2019

His tweet accidentally acknowledged that 2018 wasn’t a great year for investors. It’s almost identical to one he posted on January 4, 2018, shortly after he signed into law tax cuts targeted mostly at businesses and the wealthy, touting that the Dow had just hit that same number.

Dow just crashes through 25,000,” Trump tweeted. “Congrats! Big cuts in unnecessary regulations continuing.”

Dow just crashes through 25,000. Congrats! Big cuts in unnecessary regulations continuing.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 4, 2018

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I just read your post and had de javu from last year’s record January.

Sorry to talk about trump if you don’t care.

No, you’re absolutely right. There are similarities, although this month was even stronger than Jan ‘18.  I wasn’t trying to say that Trump’s plans are working well. I just wanted to change some of the doom and gloom from the sell off in December.

Granted, some of that sell off was a result of investor looking to lock in loses. 

If I had to guess, this year will see an increase overall... my guess is that it will be modest and that’s only if the little orange man doesn’t do something really stupid. There’s a crap shoot. 

The first year sky rocketed off of hype from trump being elected. The second year was hit with some reality to his administration. Average the two together and you gave a pretty average period in the market. 

Im going to be really interested to see if overall his term shows a positive growth in the market. 

• 2 months later...