Parkland, FL High School Shooting

7 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Every time I think society has reached a new low and can't possibly get any more FUBAR than it already is, stuff like this happens. What is wrong with people?!

listen to the far right wing nut jobs on radio all day every day.....the brainwashing can get you to that point also.

27 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder how CNN would shut down his youtube page?   wouldn't it be youtube that did that?   but blame CNN is the right wing thing to do i guess.

It sounds like Jones used screenshots of an interview Hogg did with with an CNN affiliate in his video. So CNN reported this to YouTube, and Jones got strike one. He as since received strike two, and is now on the verge of a complete YouTube ban.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

It sounds like Jones used screenshots of an interview Hogg did with with an CNN affiliate in his video. So CNN reported this to YouTube, and Jones got strike one. He as since received strike two, and is now on the verge of a complete YouTube ban.

ahh....that explains that.  he was to dumb and violated the rules and got busted for that.   i think that blame lies with him rather than cnn or youtube   but hey, he is playing the poor right wing victim

• Plus1 1
On 2/26/2018 at 1:44 PM, QMany said:

I read the opinion piece you linked. It says:

That's the extent of the conversation on that claim. The citation takes me to The Weekly Standard:

Do you have any other actual source for this allegation?

For obvious reasons, Planned Parenthood makes it difficult to run the numbers. This appears to be a reasonable estimate.

https://liveaction.org/news/38-4-of-pp-health-center-income-is-from-abortions/

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For obvious reasons, Planned Parenthood makes it difficult to run the numbers. This appears to be a reasonable estimate.

https://liveaction.org/news/38-4-of-pp-health-center-income-is-from-abortions/

It's not a reasonable estimate. Here's what they're meaning to link to (old link is broken).

http://www.toomanyaborted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/PDFs/PP_AR_011011_vF-1.pdf

The link you gave is conveniently leaving out $592.4 million in revenue, artificially inflating the % of revenue that comes from abortions. Using their posted calculation for abortion cost, abortions make up 15.6% of their total revenue.

Now, why don't you make like an upstanding citizen of huskerboard and mosey on over to the abortion topic we've had going since before you ever derailed this one.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Simple question.

Let's say the FBI and local officials acted appropriately with the warnings with this guy.

What can or should they have done to prevent this?

I was having a lively conversation with a friend who brought up the interactions with officers and how the fault was with the FBI and Sheriff's office, therefore no gun control laws of any kind are needed.  We just need to enforce the current laws.

I asked:  why is a responsible gun seller allowed to sell a gun and have no idea that a person has been reported to police more than 2 dozen times? 

The conversation stopped there.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I was having a lively conversation with a friend who brought up the interactions with officers and how the fault was with the FBI and Sheriff's office, therefore no gun control laws of any kind are needed.  We just need to enforce the current laws.

I asked:  why is a responsible gun seller allowed to sell a gun and have no idea that a person has been reported to police more than 2 dozen times? 

The conversation stopped there.

This question actually came to my mind last night.  We have the NRA and their sheep claiming all the blame is on the FBI and local officials.....meanwhile, the NRA and their sheep are fighting against tougher back ground checks, restrictions on gun show sales, gun protection orders....etc.

So.....I guess I'm asking, what "current laws" are in place that the FBI and local officials should have fallen back on to prevent this? 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This question actually came to my mind last night.  We have the NRA and their sheep claiming all the blame is on the FBI and local officials.....meanwhile, the NRA and their sheep are fighting against tougher back ground checks, restrictions on gun show sales, gun protection orders....etc.

So.....I guess I'm asking, what "current laws" are in place that the FBI and local officials should have fallen back on to prevent this? 

To answer your question, I'm not sure there was anything they could have done differently at the local level.  From reports I've seen or read, Cruz wasn't "let off the hook" for anything.  He was put into counseling, which is probably pretty common for someone with issues like him.  I really don't know, and I don't have the time or resources to go through each police report that was filled out when police were called.

But if Trump gets his way, I guess they could have stormed his house, taken his guns, and locked him in a "looney bin" indefinitely....(who am I kidding, the kid had a MAGA hat.  Trump would have complimented him on his wardrobe and called him a "tough cookie" then proceed to deport Cruz's neighbor....)