Parkland, FL High School Shooting

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who do you think is on parr with Trump in the "should tweet less" category?

Trump sets the bar pretty high on tweeting.  The only place I really see or hear about his tweets are on here.

Trump is a former reality tv personality.  It doesn't surprise me he uses social media.

16 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Extortion, Southern republican style...

fixed it for you.

also....they stopped offering discounts to the NRA.....now they are treated like every other customer.    how is that attacking conservatives?   aren't they opposed to those kind of entitlements?

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

They are very, very different.

The tweet referred to those two specific examples.  Maybe Trump isn't the only one who should tweet less?..... 

This reply makes no sense. You already said they're different. I agreed.

I think it's important to note that the GOP react to pretty much nothing Trump says that's similar to Obama's words and actions they had conniption fits over, like the color of Obama's clothing and the things he did that were exactly like his predecessors who they also said nothing about. So showing this one time the 2 scenarios aren't exactly alike is pretty meaningless.

You then let me know what I already knew, which was the topic of the specific tweets. If no one ever added anything new to a conversaion this would be an empty forum.

Edited by Moiraine

53 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This reply makes no sense. You already said they're different. I agreed.

I think it's important to note that the GOP react to pretty much nothing Trump says that's similar to Obama's words and actions they had conniption fits over, like the color of Obama's clothing and the things he did that were exactly like his predecessors who they also said nothing about. So showing this one time the 2 scenarios aren't exactly alike is pretty meaningless.

You then let me know what I already knew, which was the topic of the specific tweets. If no one ever added anything new to a conversaion this would be an empty forum.

What would have happened if it was Obama that called that officer a coward?

Dick's Sporting Goods no longer selling Assault Rifles, high capacity clips, or firearms to anyone under 21, regardless of local laws. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/dicks-major-gun-retailer-will-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles.html

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws...

...But Edward Stack, the 63-year-old chief executive of Dick’s whose father founded the store in 1948, is deliberately steering his company directly into the storm, making clear that the company’s new policy was a direct response to the Florida shooting. “When we saw what happened in Parkland, we were so disturbed and upset,” Mr. Stack said in an interview Tuesday evening. “We love these kids and their rallying cry, ‘enough is enough.’ It got to us.”

Also, a nice graphic from the NYT regarding the guns used in the most recent assaults and the rifles used by the military:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/28/us/ar-15-rifle-mass-shootings.html

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 6
48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Meanwhile, they're actively going after the children from Florida because the children have the audacity to 1. be good at social media, and 2. (mostly) be right about their message.

PDkd1ka.jpg

Every time I think society has reached a new low and can't possibly get any more FUBAR than it already is, stuff like this happens. What is wrong with people?!

• Plus1 1