Parkland, FL High School Shooting

Shameful SJW Glenn Greenwald fighting the liberal culture war:

In 2008 Obama hadn't even directed his labor dept. to require US employers to treat gay employees equal treatment. That was 2010.

The bill in question:

Good to see Republicans have caught up now, having been in roughly the same place to start with ten years ago.

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Some do though. It stands to reason that if you tax income at a lower rate you increase the incentive (or decrease the disincentive) to generate more income. Lower rates also lead to more businesses choosing to do business here.

Ah yes, the trickle-down reasoning  continues no matter how badly it has failed. I mean, Brownback made Kansas into an economic powerhouse that's the envy of the other states, didn't he?

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Do I need to help you out by using smaller words?

Another surrender? You're making reasonable points at times, don't give up so easily.

Edited by RedDenver

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

not sure if he is banning them or just making them "very hard to get.   outlawing them is 1 small step forward IMO so actually support him if that is what he meant with that word salad.  actually think we should go ahead with more than that but it could be better than the nothing i expected

Edited by commando
  • Plus1 2

On 2/24/2018 at 3:19 PM, Ric Flair said:

Medicaid for what though? This column suggests that 30-40% of their recenue is from abortions. Other estimates I have seen indicate that figure is higher.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/opinion/sunday/douthat-the-medias-blinders-on-abortion.html

I read the opinion piece you linked. It says:

Planned Parenthood’s critics have estimated, plausibly, that between 30 and 40 percent of its health center revenue is from abortion.

That's the extent of the conversation on that claim. The citation takes me to The Weekly Standard:

Sorry, the requested page could not be found.

Do you have any other actual source for this allegation?

• Plus1 1

"So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” Trump said, but it wasn’t because of his horror at the man gravely injuring himself, it was his horror at the pristine marble floors being dyed red with blood.

“I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him. He’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming,” Trump continued.

Eventually, someone did come to the rescue — the Marines, who were seated in the very back corner of the large event hall, by Trump’s account.

“What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher.

They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” Trump said.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” Trump said, noting that all the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2