Offers: Arkansas State, Memphis, Nebraska

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #15 JUCO Overall; #1 JUCO RB; .8850; :star :star :star

Rivals: #9 JUCO Overall; #1 JUCO RB; :star :star :star :star 
247: #36 JUCO Overall; #1 JUCO RB; :star :star :star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Originally Class of 2016 and signed with Georgia Tech.  Started seven games as a true Freshman and led the team with 771 rushing yard and scored 12 TDs.

However, he was suspended for three games his freshman year and then kicked off the team before the 2017 season started due to multiple "violations of team rules".  Transferred to Garden City CC.  Played in two games before breaking a collar bone and missing the rest of the year.

He's listed as Class of 2018 so it would appear he could sign with anyone at any time.  Since his JUCO stint wasn't academics-related he doesn't have to stay two years.

Hmmm.  First - where are we getting another scholarship to give when we need at least 4 to leave already?  Second, do we want to get a guy who has a history of issues - whatever those issues are?

19 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Hmmm.  First - where are we getting another scholarship to give when we need at least 4 to leave already?  Second, do we want to get a guy who has a history of issues - whatever those issues are?

Yeah, not sure what to make of this one.

I would guess the deal is we're at least interested but only if we have a spot.  And that may depend what happens with Tre Bryant over the next 3ish months.

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Does this mean either wilbon or ozigbo are gone? 

I don't think it means a lot of anything right now.  Other than we're kicking the tires on a guy who has some talent.

But it won't surprise me if Ozigbo finds himself well down the depth chart in a month and looks at his options.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't think it means a lot of anything right now.  Other than we're kicking the tires on a guy who has some talent.

But it won't surprise me if Ozigbo finds himself well down the depth chart in a month and looks at his options.

Not a bad back up plan if wilbon, ozigbo, bryant or Washington aren't around.

12 tds as a freshman ain't bad.

SF is working kids hard and not sure that TB (because of knees) will be able to keep up.  Also guessing if other guys are seeing that they are moving the wrong direction on the depth chart that these early morning practices and no room for slack approach will send a half dozen players packing.  Should be room for some late adds and a larger class next year.  A player like this would be a concern with MR last year however Frost will set the table for this young man and allow no mistakes.

So both Rivals and 247 list him as 2018 but the coaches keep tagging him as 2019.

Perhaps he was eligible to leave with the Class of 2018 but ended up going back another year so now he'll be 2019.  :dunno

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

Are we still keeping Johnson and Thompkins ? 

I don't think this probably has anything to do with those guys - other than maybe a little insurance against Thompkins' injury.

We were probably taking a third RB in this class anyway.  And that was before Bryant got hurt.  We lose Ozigbo and Wilbon after this year so just re-stocking.

• Plus1 1

I wonder if a kid like this if he had disciplinary issues before. If he will be ok coming in and splitting time with 3 other guys. Say Bell stays next year. You got Bell, Washington and Miles Jones to split time with. 

Thats assuming he comes in and beats out the other new RB's. Thompkins will redshirt. Johnson might be tough to beat out. But guessing if this kid is legit he becomes the 4th next year and thompkins and johnson redshirt to spread out the roster eligibility years. So they would be redshirt freshman when Maurice is a junior. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, by the time he gets here, he's only going to have one year to play....right?

Georgia Tech 1 year

JUCO 2 years

Nebraska 1 year

It looks like he broke his collarbone after 2 games in his first year at JUCO, so he probably got a medical redshirt for that season.  I think he will have 2 years of eligibility left.

• Plus1 4

Just now, Chadhusker said:

There's alot of talent at running back.Something I couldn't say when Riley was here. Hope we can get Robinson. That would be huge. 

Yes depth at RB is really good. Wandale fits more of the Duck-R position where Dedrick is just an RB. We have a fantastic recruiter in Ryan Held and he is so awesome to have on staff. A man that has everything you want in a coach and he is an even better person. 

Excited to see what Dedrick brings to the table as I believe he will basically replace the reps Tre Bryant would have gotten in 2019.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It looks like he broke his collarbone after 2 games in his first year at JUCO, so he probably got a medical redshirt for that season.  I think he will have 2 years of eligibility left.

247 confirmed hes got 2 years. 

• Plus1 4

Seems like this may be a perfect replacement for TB - Not all three stars are created equal and SF and company seem to find some that are very intriguing (time will tell !!!!)

Have to love how he notes how different and foreign he finds Kansas, yet chooses to be a Husker. Hopefully, the Midwest continues to keep him headstrong and focused. Excited for him. 

• Plus1 1

Good to know that he already has had a taste of the area and will know what he is getting in Lincoln with the upgrade.

1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

Have to love how he notes how different and foreign he finds Kansas, yet chooses to be a Husker. Hopefully, the Midwest continues to keep him headstrong and focused. Excited for him. 

I can tell you from first-hand experience, Garden City Kansas is not even remotely like Lincoln. Both places may seem to be geographically related "Midwest" but they couldn't be more different. I spent almost two years of my life in Garden City and Southwest Kansas. To say it sucks there would be extremely nice. Lincoln is an urban Mecca compared to GC 

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

Can nebraska still take 2 backs on the 2020 class ? Nebraska has offered some really good backs for that class. 

They can take 25 running backs if they want to in 2020

10 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

Can nebraska still take 2 backs on the 2020 class ? Nebraska has offered some really good backs for that class. 

We lost Tre Bryant and will lose Ozigbo as well. Thompkins has been injured 2 years in a row so we wanted to make sure we had immediate depth 

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I can tell you from first-hand experience, Garden City Kansas is not even remotely like Lincoln. Both places may seem to be geographically related "Midwest" but they couldn't be more different. I spent almost two years of my life in Garden City and Southwest Kansas. To say it sucks there would be extremely nice. Lincoln is an urban Mecca compared to GC 

Couldn't agree more, SWKS is practically a desert. It's flat, hot, and has nothing to look at. If you haven't been West of Manhattan or Wichita then you have no idea. I'm sure Nebraska is the same, but the terrain and scenery of Ks changes dramatically from the east to west sides

17 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I wonder if a kid like this if he had disciplinary issues before. If he will be ok coming in and splitting time with 3 other guys. Say Bell stays next year. You got Bell, Washington and Miles Jones to split time with. 

Thats assuming he comes in and beats out the other new RB's. Thompkins will redshirt. Johnson might be tough to beat out. But guessing if this kid is legit he becomes the 4th next year and thompkins and johnson redshirt to spread out the roster eligibility years. So they would be redshirt freshman when Maurice is a junior. 

I would think he'd be ok with splitting carries given the fact GT doesn't throw the ball very often and has to spread the workload around.  It looks like he averaged about 12 carries per game at GT and GT had 2 other guys with similar carry totals (one guy had 152 carries and the other had 96).  

I remember this guy a little bit from watching some GT games that year against Clemson and Miami, he's a talent for sure.

44 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I really, really like Mills.  He's like Ozigbo...but better in all aspects.

So what you really mean to say is Ozigbo is actually a poor mans version of Mills?